Rough mix from my band's new album, need criticism/advice!

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hey guys, my band just got the first mix of our new album on Sunday, here's one song for you to check out...

http://www.cjmmachinery.com/Famousroughmix.mp3

So far, what we've talked about as a band is that the guitars need to come WAY up because they are way behind the drums, and I think the toms need to come down, and snare up a tiny bit maybe. Also, there's this violin part in the middle that sounds really fucked, I don't know why, too much reverb or something. Anyways, I don't have the ear or talent that most of you guys have, so I came here looking for your opinions so I can let the guy doing our mix know what to change for the second one! The guitar tone in general doesn't sound as heavy as I would've liked, its 2 tracks of a Flextone head mic'd with a 57 and 2 tracks of a lower gain tone direct with a V-Amp Pro. The Flextone sound was actually really heavy, so I think maybe the balance between the 2 tones needs to be changed as well as all of it coming up in volume in general. Anyways! Advice/criticism would be really appreciated! Thanks!

Forbidden from the Decrepit forum?
And guitars should be more upfront/louder, atleast thats what i heard first time i listened.
Vocals sound cool, maybe give the drums some more compression to make it pump more.

Sounds good! A little more guitars and a little less vocals maybe, not posative about the vocals. The playing sounds really good!