Rough mix of the current band im recording.

justinITB

Mar 22, 2010
www.myspace.com
We just finished tracking everything tonight. And i let them pick out there guitar tone, then i reamped the intro to their CD. Did i quick and sent it to them, they like how it sounds. But i feel it could be better with some more tweaking. Tell me what you guys think.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5702817/OFTA-intro.mp3

Snare sounds really harsh in some places.
As for the song, not bad.

On the snare, pull out some high mids and swap em out for just plain old mids.

I really dig it except for again, the snare. First off it's too loud, but second it's just too like buzzy. Also may have a little too much verb. I don't know, just not doing it for me. But other than that, sounds pretty sweet dude! I might compress the screaming vocals a little more and add a tad more verb, but nothing too major.

I really dig it except for again, the snare. First off it's too loud, but second it's just too like buzzy. Also may have a little too much verb. I don't know, just not doing it for me. But other than that, sounds pretty sweet dude! I might compress the screaming vocals a little more and add a tad more verb, but nothing too major.

Ive been messing with the snare for days, i cant seem to get rid of the snare buzz tho, thats the best ive come up with so far.

Ill try and compress the vocals more, see how that sounds.

the crash cymbals have some seriously ear-piercing frequencies happening. i dig the mix otherwise. china could be brought down also.

Ha yep, i forgot to fix that problem, its on the top of my to-do list.

thanks guys

I think the problem with the snare is actually the cymbals. They are being hit at the same time and the overlap is making the snare sound weird. I bet it sounds fine without the cymbals.

It does a little sound better, but the drums were programmed, then the cymbals were played/recorded. So there is no snare bleed into the overhead mics.

I think it might be the guitar and snare fighting frequencies because when i bring in the guitars is when i really start to not like how it sounds.

Hopefully ill figure it out.

U used the Devil snare (the snare allready mastered) ?

its dosent sound well and the kick is too dry imo , but expect this its sounds realy nice man :) liked the vocals !

U used the Devil snare (the snare allready mastered) ?

its dosent sound well and the kick is too dry imo , but expect this its sounds realy nice man :) liked the vocals !

thanks

Just checked the snare, and turns out i used AC snare and Tommy Snare. The sample i made was buried so much its not even really there.

You think i should add some more reverb to the kick?