Roundtrip to Hell and Back video

nicottine

kills
Jun 7, 2010
Brazil
it's uploaded on a VEVO account, this is weird. nothing about it on their official website neither on their facebook...
maybe they're waiting to spread the video when it has a bigger number of views? I still think it's weird

(yes, I've just find out that I don't know how to attach videos in this forum -.-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Already posted :lol: but that's fine
o_o I really couldn't find it here... my bad then
coincidence or not, the video is posted on youtube since june 1st and right now (ok, 11 minutes ago) they posted a link on COB twitter, which I believe it's the first time they spread it officially :lol:

should this thread be deleted?

Nah, leave it be. We use to have a special thread for each vid, so why not this time.

The live footage is decent quality, I'd also like to know where they filmed it. But Huh! seems I'm too dumb or too unartsy to get that cheap bugs'n'snakes stuff, that's totally beyond me :confused:

I know alexi said that he would never "act" in a music video again. I think it's kind of sad cause then we are pretty much stuck with these consert and band playing with stupid story music videos. They haven't made any really good music videos in a loooooooooooooong time.

I know alexi said that he would never "act" in a music video again. I think it's kind of sad cause then we are pretty much stuck with these consert and band playing with stupid story music videos. They haven't made any really good music videos in a loooooooooooooong time.

Well, Blooddrunk was great.

Nah, leave it be. We use to have a special thread for each vid, so why not this time.

The live footage is decent quality, I'd also like to know where they filmed it. But Huh! seems I'm too dumb or too unartsy to get that cheap bugs'n'snakes stuff, that's totally beyond me :confused:

"filmed live at both Helsinki Ice Hall and Pakkahuone, Tampere"
from cobhc.com

Roundtrip To Hell And Back video!

09 Jun 2011

CHILDREN OF BODOM PREMIERES NEW MUSIC VIDEO FOR "ROUNDTRIP TO HELL AND BACK" AND CONTINUES THEIR WORLD TOUR IN SUPPORT OF THE BAND'S NEW, CHART TOPPING & HIGHLY ACCLAIMED STUDIO RELEASE "RELENTLESS RECKLESS FOREVER"

"Roundtrip To Hell And Back" was filmed live at both Helsinki Ice Hall and Pakkahuone, Tampere, and directed by Jussi Hyttinen for FLC415 (MTV3, The Finnish National Lottery, etc.) and perfectly captures the electricity of COB's world renowned live performance.

Today, MetalSucks presents the world premiere of "Roundtrip To Hell And Back", which can be viewed now at this location.

Children Of Bodom hits the road again starting tomorrow, when the band performs at the legendary Download Festival in Donington Park, UK. Right after the festival, the band embarks on a tour to Japan with Amorphis, followed by an extensive North American tour with Devin Townsend, Septicflesh and Obscura.

COB continues to take more photos for the first ever COB photobook, out later this fall, during this yet another run across the globe. To be a part of the book and to stay posted on the progress, be sure to follow the official Children Of Bodom Facebook fan page.

For all Children Of Bodom live dates & tickets, follow this link.

I've seen a few good music videos in my life... this isn't one. Just boring live video with the song and some snake...

I liked this video. It's simple, so it makes no mistakes. I think videos like Blooddrunk and Smile Pretty for the Devil are so cheesy... Sixpounder was cool, but SMPFTD and Blooddrunk were just silly, plus Blooddrunk was very cliché... I think simple videos with just the band playing and some inserts are way better than trying to do some side story that ends up being lame.

mocobhc I believe the bugs and snakes were just inserts, so it wouldn't be just the band and the crowd in the video... I don't think there's any art or meaning in that... or maybe they wanted us to look at those cockroaches and think "well, these guys aren't so ugly after all" hehehe :lol:

Rune I really support his decision. No good has come from any video were the band decided to act. Except of course, for Foo Fighters' videos, but they are the kings of video clips.

Why they maked the Video so unprofessional? I mean come on, look at the Solo and see what Alexi is playin in the live gig...Just some Live-Footage and put RTHAB over it ohh yes and the Snakes and Bugs and there we go u got this video...

Imo...the could do it MUCH better.

I liked this video. It's simple, so it makes no mistakes. I think videos like Blooddrunk and Smile Pretty for the Devil are so cheesy... Sixpounder was cool, but SMPFTD and Blooddrunk were just silly, plus Blooddrunk was very cliché... I think simple videos with just the band playing and some inserts are way better than trying to do some side story that ends up being lame.

+1

Why they maked the Video so unprofessional? I mean come on, look at the Solo and see what Alexi is playin in the live gig...Just some Live-Footage and put RTHAB over it ohh yes and the Snakes and Bugs and there we go u got this video...

Imo...the could do it MUCH better.

The keyboard solo in Every Time I Die is the same thing, Janne is playing the Strings :err:

I'm sorry but this video sucks. : )

The random cuts to snakes and insects have no meaning at all, and are actually annoying to look at. The footage from the gig is okay but the video is cutting to new angels all the time far too quickly. Instead of seeing Alexi rip the solo we got to see some random snakes, the fuck? I realize Alexi plays the solo differently live, but come on..

I think if they no longer want to act they should get someone else to do it for them. Have half of the video show them doing a live performance with the other half with some kind of story and imagery going on. Anything but snakes and insects for crying out loud!

Oh well, I really could care less for music videos but this one in particular just seems quite awful to me!

Rune I really support his decision. No good has come from any video were the band decided to act. Except of course, for Foo Fighters' videos, but they are the kings of video clips.

So you haven't seen the Every Time I Die music video. It's their best by far, where the music video actually fits the music and Alexi is part of the "action". Not just lame zombies, ugly girls, urban cities, cellars and stupid fucking snakes!

Meh, OK video, but really nothing special. Spiders and snakes totally random, too.

I think band members should definitely act in MVs in order to make a good one; live videos are really nothing special. Take any good video, and you'll see band members not only playing, but becoming actors and working with actors to create an entertaining mini-movie in the mood of the song. It's a whole other form of art.

It's just that, CoB have either been having some really shitty ideas for videos, or handed them over to incompetent people. What should hopefully happen is, the band coming up with a specific idea for the video, then working with the director to see how it can be applied. Instead, if you just do it the lazy way, you'll never have great MVs.

I bet it's Bodoms management who decides what the movies should be about or spread ideas for it together with the directors they choose. But then again, bodoms management have made quite a large amount of mistakes regarding single songs, videos and tours the latest years. They have to be clooooose friends with the band or else at least if I were in the band position, I would have booted them long ago. Incompetent sums it right!

I don't see what the management has to do with it. Shouldn't the creative element be up to the band?