Roy from Siegfried & Roy, Critical after mauling

Ack! That sucks.

And, you know that some schmuck is going to put the footage of this on the net in about 4 minutes, too. :erk:

Yeah, this is a bummer. But it reinforces the point that these animals are not pets. I can't count how many people I've seen at Cat Tales who want to have one of these as a pet. Sigfried and Roy are arguably the best animal handlers in the world and this just shows there's no guarantees. I hopes he gets well soon!

zeus.jpg

God, I hope he pulls through. I saw this show many many years ago and got to pull the tiger's tail as part of the show - :ill: - Alan, you are absolutely right about the fact tigers are wild animals and shouldn't be kept as pets, tho I have always dreamed of having one when I was a kidlet. Same goes for wolves....ah so pretty!!! I'm not gonna lie, I want to see the footage if someone knows where it might be posted, lemme know!

I saw their show a couple of years back, my mum took me and my wife to see 'em, and they were excellent. Here's wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery, Roy.

First off.. I really hope he gets better and recovers. They are known for being wonderful to their animals.

2ndly: Alan.. looks like you're one of the lucky 1000 who bought that QueensRyche boxset eh? I seem to recognize that T-Shirt.hehe
-HobbesDawg

alanbirdsell said:
Yeah, this is a bummer. But it reinforces the point that these animals are not pets. I can't count how many people I've seen at Cat Tales who want to have one of these as a pet. Sigfried and Roy are arguably the best animal handlers in the world and this just shows there's no guarantees. I hopes he gets well soon!

zeus.jpg

HobbesDawg said:
First off.. I really hope he gets better and recovers. They are known for being wonderful to their animals.

2ndly: Alan.. looks like you're one of the lucky 1000 who bought that QueensRyche boxset eh? I seem to recognize that T-Shirt.hehe
-HobbesDawg
Had to think which box set. Yes I actually do have that one, sealed. That was just one of the sweatshirts I got from the band.

I like this shirt better :D

snickers.jpg

Anyone seen any of this forbidden footage yet? There were some people dressed as Roy last night at the Boo Ball complete with bloody white tiger attached.