Roy Khan leaving Kamelot

:OMG:

Damn, that's quite a shock! I was a little confused when I saw he wasn't touring, but I definitely wasn't expecting this!

Wonder what they'll do now..? Roy had (well, probably still has :p) a fantastic voice...

Last September I was going to get to meet one of my favorite vocalists of all-time and then it all went downhill... I had a feeling this was coming, but I didn't want to accept it. :(

I hate to jump to conclusions but I can't see Kamelot recovering from this... Roy's voice is one of the most unique and musical out there.. sure, his range has dropped over the years but I really can't see anybody filling his shoes. He's one of the few vocalists I really think is irreplaceable. This is a really sad day. I wonder what they're going to do after the tour is over... the band certainly won't be the same anymore.

Last September I was going to get to meet one of my favorite vocalists of all-time and then it all went downhill... I had a feeling this was coming, but I didn't want to accept it. :(

I hate to jump to conclusions but I can't see Kamelot recovering from this... Roy's voice is one of the most unique and musical out there.. sure, his range has dropped over the years but I really can't see anybody filling his shoes. He's one of the few vocalists I really think is irreplaceable. This is a really sad day. I wonder what they're going to do after the tour is over... the band certainly won't be the same anymore.

I know exactly what you mean and I agree 100%, I'm beside myself with sadness. :cry:

Me too :( I spent two or three hours the other night just listening to Kamelot nonstop... the VIP laminate I got from ordering the tickets has his name on it, so I at least got that!

Still, I'm devastated. Maybe one day he'll come back?...

Me too :( I spent two or three hours the other night just listening to Kamelot nonstop... the VIP laminate I got from ordering the tickets has his name on it, so I at least got that!

Still, I'm devastated. Maybe one day he'll come back?...

Me too, we can only hope for one day.. :(

This is the worst news I've seen in a while.

There's a pain within
that I can't define
there's an empty space
where your love used to shine...

R.I.P. Kamelot :(
1991-2011​

I haven't checked the booklets in a while, but hasn't Khan helped write a ton of the lyrics and music alongside Thomas since he entered the band, too? It'll be interesting to see how his departure affects those aspects of the band... It's almost on par with Mike Portnoy leaving Dream Theater, except this time, Khan really is the voice of the band.

Yes, since The Fourth Legacy, Khan has had a large part in the songwriting, especially on the last few albums, some songs were completely written by Khan.

Yeah, Khan really was the voice of the band. :(

Man.......this is so sad. They definitely can't continue without that guy. They shall disband immediately.

Exactly.....nothing lasts forever and you have to let people make their decisions and move on. No reason why Kamelot can't come back even better than before

That's what I said! I have hope. They're guys with high standards and I trust them to make the best out of this.