Roy Khan leaving Kamelot

Saw that vid, Steve posted it 4 replies up, and though it's far better than Fabio, Atle doesn't have what it takes to replace Khan imo. I don't like his stage presence either, he's too hyper, flashy, and attenion-whorelistic for Kamelot. :D

Ooh yeah, I read the full interview last week and was really excited when I got to that part. I would love for Fabio to join...

I honestly don't think Fabio is that great. Atle did a good job on that song I saw above here, but who I'd like to see joining in Tommy Karevik, from Seventh Wonder. Now THAT man has an amazing voice :D Sound quality isn't that great on the vid, but it shows his class, imo:

(tone deaf audience in the second vid kinda ruining it, but still a good quality vid :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Tommy has an incredible voice too. I'm not a huge Seventh Wonder fan, the only songs I really like are Not An Angel (FANTASTIC song, though it does go on a bit too long) and another.. I think it's called A Day Away or something? He has an amazing voice though, wouldn't mind seeing him take Khan's place either.

Seriously, if Fabio joined Kamelot permanently, I would burn all my Kamelot cd's and get a lobotomy to remove them from my memory. Disgusting! :yuk:

Though this makes me curious, if he is going around telling people he wants to join Kamelot permanently, does this mean Rhapsody is finally disbanding? I really hope so! :fu: I can't even stand looking at his face, he makes me want to puke. :ill:

Those last two videos with Tommy on guest vocals totally sucked, the audio was horrible and the kid recording the second vid was totally muffling Tommy's voice to where all I could hear was their tone deaf slurs..

Please post a link to some of his best stuff so I can get an idea of what he would sound like singing for Kamelot. :err:

For now I will stick with the best choices Kamelot have for a new vocalist is Chad Barnes from Draekon or Michael Eriksen from Circus Maximus. :)

No offense, but you really are overreacting towards other singers, Shredgirl, especially towards Fabio. It's totally unwarranted!

And Rhapsody is not disbanding... Fabio's involved with other projects too, he could juggle between Rhapsody and Kamelot, given Rhapsody's sporadic (and light) touring schedule.

No offense, but you really are overreacting towards other singers, Shredgirl, especially towards Fabio. It's totally unwarranted!

And Rhapsody is not disbanding... Fabio's involved with other projects too, he could juggle between Rhapsody and Kamelot, given Rhapsody's sporadic (and light) touring schedule.

I agree. If you don't like him, fair enough. There was no need to go a bit over the top about it. Just sayin' :)

Actually I don't feel that I've overreacted at all about the other singers, I've been fair in my opinion about them.

Fabio is a whole other subject, I have a burning distaste for him and his singing, and it's my own personal opinion and is therefore warranted however I feel appropriate. Nobody has to agree with me, but nobody has the right to tell me I can't have my opinion about him either, just sayin'. :)

As for Rhapsody not disbanding, too bad, but a girl can dream you know. ;)

Why would it make an iota of difference to you if Rhapsody disbanded? If you don't like them, don't listen to them, simple! There are a great many bands I don't care for but I don't feel the need to vehemently slate them at every given opportunity!

I can understand not liking Fabio or Rhapsody but to wish that they disband is absurd and irrational... Especially given their importance in the world of power metal. All the members of that band are quite talented musicians and songwriters...