RPC shutdown procedure problem

BodomiC

Nov 29, 2001
Warsaw, Poland
www.toto99.com
I have this fucking blaster worm virus and I want to get rid of him but I cant, Ive d/loaded this security stuff from symantecs website but it doesnt work, please help me, Im able to post one shitty word here and this RPC bastard shuts me down :mad:

Hi there. I've just made a search in google, cause i guess you don't have much time to do it before it shuts down. Looks like everybody recommends that symantec thing. There is a way of stopping the countdown:
(copied from http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/windowstips/story/0,24330,3498721,00.html)

Stop the worm

If you've already run the windows update or have a firewall between you and the Internet, you won't get infected.
Is Blaster on your system? Symantec has a Blaster removal tool (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html) along with instructions for removing the worm manually. Check the website of your antivirus software manufacturer if you have a program other than Symantec's.

Stop the countdown

TSS associate producer David Prager found a way to stop the countdown Blaster launches.
Go to the command line interface by clicking on the Start button and selecting Run. Type "command" (without quotes) and click OK.
At the command prompt, type "shutdown -a" (without quotes). This effectively orders the computer to abort shutdown.
Run your antivirus tools and download patches to remove the worm.

speaking of virus's i have on e in my aim profile, its a link virus that i clicked on a long time ago, and it took my to a website called stripper fucker club, what ever that is. but now its stuck in my AIM profile and cant get rid of it and i dont want others to get it, i ran norton AV and its didnt catch it, and i deleted the cookie from that folder, but how the fuck do i get rid of the link. The text itself says "hey look what i found Click here" what ever you do, DONT CLICK THERE!!!

Don't know another way, but now you can stop the countdown by typing 'shutdown -a' and take your time to find a better antivirus or whatever