Motu Ultralite MK3 and phones output problem

georgekant

Jan 9, 2009
HI ALL. What I need is as I am listening to winamp for example to have the ability to volume up my headphones and volume down the monitors. This cannot be done! I tried everything..

Analytic..

I have my headphones plugged , and my main outs to the monitors.
When I want to listen to the phones HOW can I lower the main outs? Even if I put phones volume to the end they are really low. If I lower the volume at the same time to the monitors which I dont want to hear at that time then the phones has no volume at all.
If we go to the cue mix software we see monitor is enabled in main outs and if you go to the phones (at the right) and press monitor ,still there is no sound at phones..
Also if you want to leave only monitor enabled on the phones so to hear only the phones and you go and deselect the monitor on main outs (so to have only headphones) the volume blows up to a +4db standard. So there is no way to have the phones only..
This is a known problem, basically I feel that ultralite MK3 is NOT SUPPORTING phones! The only sollution is when you wanna hear from the phones you must close your monitor speakers and then volume up both main outs volume and phones volume...
Has anyone have any sollution? Maybe a cue mix setup that works? I cant figure out nothing and many people have this problem with no answers..
Help please.

I'd like to be able to control 2 volumes separately, ie the main volume(the sound that goes out to my speakers) and the phone volume (the sound that goes to my headphones). Can any kind soul please enlighten me.

motusettings.jpg

motucuemixsoftware.jpg

H E L P M E! Tell me how to fix my setup in cue mix soft or something..