Rpg stuff

Goddamn it!...I mean, oh, that's good. Whouldn't want a wonderful company like that being ripped off, now, would we.

Just to be on the safe side though, does it "phone home" at any point in multiplayer? Because if some unscrupulous person did come along and want to pirate a copy, it's not that difficult finding a crack for a serial key.

Although I s'pose you wouldn't know, not having played mulitplayer

But the advantage with Neverwinter Nights is that noone has to be the GM and know all the rules etc. :D

Dont worry Phloggy, I personally promise to give you the first lot of gold I get from my first monster kill to pay for it :D

Neverwinter Nights actually does have a DM thing, which makes it closer to the traditional AD&D. I don't know exactly how it works, and I don't know if you can actually get a bunch of pals and just play through the game as players... but there IS a DM facility.

Yep, you can just play through the game normally as far as I know, you can use the DM facility if you want to change stuff on the fly :)

I now "have" a copy. (It's OK, it's not illegal. I have a work collegue that bought it in China. Although it has no box. Or manual. And the CD's are labeled by hand. hmmm. Now I think about it...)

Ok, ill have to go buy one, ill just kill some trolls and get back to you, should have it by weeks end :D

Neverwinter Nights is probably best for what you guys want... 56k is fine to use as a client, but you couldn't run a server off that.

if you don't mind playing with other people then you could play on the ihug server(which i admin) which is located at - games3.ihug.com.au

If you wanted to be more private and run with a DM then you'll need someone with ADSL or Cable to host the server. The DM Client is quite easy to use and very powerful.

I can't play it :cry:

I think I've got an incompatibility problem with my sound card or possibly video card. I've looked at some forums and it seems like it's not an uncommon problem, but one that's yet to be fixed.

I'll keep fiddling though (it's not like I can play instead)