RTAS plugin similar to Waves Center?

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Hey guys,

Do you know any good plugin (RTAS for Mac) that does something similar to the Waves Center plugins, that is "allow you change the balance between the center and the sides of a stereo track"? I'm really considering getting it but 200$ is a bit steep (damn I wished it was part of Waves current promo).

center_gui_low.jpg

Here's a free one:

Duplicate track
Covert to mono
Invert phase
Mix to taste (both tracks @unity = sides)

(je suppose que tu savais déjà, c'est juste une occasion de faire le malin:D)

Yeah, I was just thinking if you already owned or were buying one of those, but apparently you didn't and if you own something like the Platinum bundle, you can upgrade it for a few bucks and get some extra plugs too :) the price of individual plugins would drop from the current $200 to way less if you like need the plugs:

GMC: 15 plugins @ $1280 = $85 a plugin
Diamond: 54 plugins @ $2000 = $37 a plugin

But yeah, like Burny said, doing it the M/S matrix way is propably the cheapest way. (LR to MS, EQ, MS to LR)

Just curious, what do you personally use a plug like this on/for?

I'm extremely familiar with M/S as I use the M/S mic technique for drum room religiously....!

After trying quite a lot of the plugins, I'm biting the bullet and getting Waves Center.
I have to say that the Waves plugins are really very well programmed (very low CPU and low latency) and sound great, but it's a pity they are so expensive most of the time...

@ SigmundFreud33: I want to use that for mastering purposes and for clearing out the middle during mixes.

After trying quite a lot of the plugins, I'm biting the bullet and getting Waves Center.
I have to say that the Waves plugins are really very well programmed (very low CPU and low latency) and sound great, but it's a pity they are so expensive most of the time...

@ SigmundFreud33: I want to use that for mastering purposes and for clearing out the middle during mixes.

I dont know if you watch Dave Pensados online TV show Pensados place but he's been concentrating on clearing out the middle techniques in the last few episodes, well worth watching.

Yes, he actually turned me into quite a few plugins, including Center :)

Ah cool, yeah i wish there were more AE type tv/web shows its a great thing to watch and take in as much as possible, even though his music is more geared towards pop theres plenty of relevant info to take, and the guests have plenty of cool things to tell.

Yeah, but this show is SOOOOOOOOOO frustrating... Dave is awesome and very funny, but sometimes he's talking about something really interesting, and then loses tracks of what he's saying, and I'm just there... "Man, finish that damn sentence!!!" :)