Rugby World Cup!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
As many of you know, myself and Kiwi are massive Rugby Union fans and are following the WC very closely. His lot are the favourites as usual, whereas for Wales it will be a case of get to the Quarter finals and take it from there.

Any other fans in?

Right here Steve! I'll be right behind Ireland for the entirity of the tournament, I think that if ever we had a chance of doing well in the WC, now is the time!

I'm a bit worried about our current form though, recently we really hav'nt been good, and we're missing Brian O Driscoll for the first few matches, but he should be back as we aim to get our revenge after France pipped us in the six nations. We have a really hard group though, with both France and Argentina.

Either way it's going to be a great World Cup, New Zealand were clinical last night, and France have already lost! :D

Yeah, I agree the Irish lads do have a tough group and it did not suprise me that Argentina beat the French. I am a big fan of the way they play with their hearts on their sleeves as well. Good to see Wales off to a winning start despite only really turning up for the second half. Won;t get away with that against the Aussies next week

I don't think that playing the Aussies is the worst thing in the world, as strong as they are they always strike me as mortal. Unlike those kiwi's :lol:

Ireland v Namibia is very hard to watch, we're on absolutely horrible form and barely in front. Namibia are putting in a great performance, but the 5th best time in the world should be leading by more than 10 points. :(

Supporting England first, but will always cheer for the other home nation sides.

Tbh, we will all have to go something for any northern hemisphere side to get to the semis.

it will either be the greatest masterstroke since steve mclaren got lucky with injuries or we'll get turned over

my main concern is the fact that farrell didn't overly impress when great britain rugby league got him to play at number 6 (league's equivalent position)

Yeah...being shut out as well was pretty demoralising....having said that there is still time for England to qualify for the later stages of the tournament with Wilkinson and Barkeley to return...unfortunately looks like Jason Robinson's career has now ended after the injury last night.

We'll see how Wales go today....from England's point of view I think it would be better if Wales win today and finish top of their group which would set up an England v Wales quarter final.....if Wales finish 2nd in the group then we will doubtless be on the end of a hiding from SA in the quarter finals

Disappointing to see the boys go down 32-20 to the Aussies. When will we learn that we actually have to play properly in the first half of games? The bad news is that if we progress from the group stages it'll be south africa in the Quarter Finals and there is only going to be one winner there I feel

I went out to a pub to watch the Ireland match last night, and frankly I should'nt have wasted my time. :(

And to think, we still have the two big games in the pool to come, Namibia and Georgie were meant to be walkovers! :(

From what I have seen so far....you can't see beyond NZ, SA, AUS. France...well...they have time providing they get out of their group. I fancy Argentina to win that group and a tough call between France and Ireland...but as we know...anything can happen on any given day...sometimes!

Playing France in Paris at this time is the worst possible scenario for us, I'm not very confident! Although who knows, maybe we'll step up to the occasion, it has happened before. :)