Rumor: HEAVEN AND HELL, JUDAS PRIEST, MOTÖRHEAD To Tour Together This Year

So, nobody is getting tired of the old folks reunions yet?

I saw JP a year or two back, and they sounded pretty good, but there was no energy at all. I've seen clips of Heaven & Hell in those sterile halls they play .. again .. no energy. Motorhead .. never did care for them, but they are probably the most energetic of the bunch.

Britt

H&H I admit were not the most energetic when I saw em live, but still love it.
Never saw Priest live, believe it or not.
Motorhead NEVER fail live.
As a package, the tour is ace!!!!

Also, Motorhead still put out killer new material.
H&H and Priest will have new albums...

Therefore, it's not a complete nostalgia tour or anything..

H&H I admit were not the most energetic when I saw em live, but still love it.
Never saw Priest live, believe it or not.
Motorhead NEVER fail live.
As a package, the tour is ace!!!!

Also, Motorhead still put out killer new material.
H&H and Priest will have new albums...

Therefore, it's not a complete nostalgia tour or anything..
Yeah .. reunion was a bad choice of words .. I should have substituded "gathering" instead.

On a side note ... another somewhat old band .. Testament, has some new material that is awesome. That one tune had leaked out, but since then another 6 or 7 tunes have leaked as well ... needless to say it's great stuff. This is the best stuff I've ever heard from them, but do bear in mind that I never was a major fan of theirs back in their glory years.

So .. not all older bands are boring, and lacking in energy it seems.

Also, Maiden still rips it up live with great energey ... so they kind of blow the old folks theory up as well.

Britt

Yeah that Ian Hill doesn't move on stage at all, it's not like the old days when he.....er....oh wait. Nevermind. :p

I think the new Testament is terrible. There are two or three good songs, and the rest is unmemorable trash. And this is coming from a huge fan.
To me most thrash is totally unmemorable. I like the genre, but it's far from a favorite of mine. Hmmm, I was figuring most of the people here would be pretty happy with this. It sounds like high quality stuff to me. If people liked "More Than Meets The Eye" they will probably quite enjoy this disc.

Britt

Heaven and Hell's gimmick: being a reunion and not having Ozzy
Judas Priest's gimmick: leather and gay men
Motorhead's gimmick: huge mole and no talent

sounds like a gimmick-filled tour to me!

I'll go, sleep during Motorhead, and enjoy the last 2 bands.

Heaven and Hell's gimmick: being a reunion and not having Ozzy
Judas Priest's gimmick: leather and gay men
Motorhead's gimmick: huge mole and no talent

sounds like a gimmick-filled tour to me!

I'll go, sleep during Motorhead, and enjoy the last 2 bands.

hahahahah, Will, I was going to post almost the exact same thing word for word, but a bit funnier. Dont forget....Motorhead....thier gimmick is releasing the same album over and over again.

I would probably go to this, price permiting. It's nice to catch a bunch of big names at one time. Heaven and Hell for example, I would not go to see by themselves, I do like Sabbath a lot btw.