Rush in Atlanta

MysticX9

Feb 27, 2002
Macon, GA
I know it is a bit late but anyone going to Rush tonight in Atlanta? It would be nice to hang out with some fellow ProgPower fans...

Neal

Hey Mike,

Yeah, that was an excellent concert! The second half was exceptional, I avoided checking out the setlist before the show and was very pleasantly surprised! I could have enjoyed another 3 hours of that :) I'll get in touch with you before ProgPower and maybe we can meet there...

Talk later,

Neal

Yes it was a great show. I agree about the second half being the best. The thing is, the setlist for the first part was great but it was still daylight outside. Rush, for me, is just an indoor venue band (if there is such a thing).
The daylight took away from the video clips we saw for "Subdivisions", "Red
Barchetta", "The Trees", etc. that would've had greater effect had they been played in the second half. "Between the Wheels" and "Mystic Rhythms" back to back (in the second half) were perfect.
This was my eighth Rush concert and the performance was remarkable of course. If I could change one thing about it, though, the venue would be indoors.

i didn't go, wanted to, too poor to affort tix, so i tried to get them from 96.1 to no avail, but i will agree that high fi buys sucks. i saw aerosmith there in 98 when it was still lakewood and the show was the worst i have ever been to in terms of enviroment.

Brent

Yeah, I agree - the daylight was killing the mood for awhile :)

Rush always had one of the best light/stage shows and benefit greatly from a dark venue - I totally agree about "Between the Wheels" and "Mystic Rhythms" - just perfect!!! I know they just released one but I would love to have a DVD of the show done somewhere indoors...

Neal

Those who haven't yet seen the show may wish to avert their eyes at this point, I really enjoyed it a lot more not knowing exactly what they were going to play... anyway, here you go:

Film Intro

SET 1

2004 Overture:
* Finding My Way
* Anthem
* Bastille Day
* Passage to Bangkok
* Cygnus X-1
* Hemispheres Prelude
The Spirit Of Radio
Force Ten
Animate
Subdivisions
Dialogue
Earthshine
Red Barchetta
Roll The Bones
Bravado
YYZ
The Trees
The Seeker
One Little Victory

INTERMISSION

SET 2

Darn That Dragon (short film)

Tom Sawyer
Dreamline
Secret Touch
Between The Wheels
Mystic Rhythms
Red Sector A
Drum Solo
Resist (Acoustic)
Heart Full of Soul (Acoustic)
2112 (Overture, Temples, Finale)
La Villa Strangiato (w/ Alex rant)
By-Tor & the Snow Dog
Xanadu
Working Man

ENCORE:
Summertime Blues
Crossroads
Limelight

Is that a badass set list, or what?

Neal

Sorry I missed that message also; I was there. We had 20th row tickets, but I went out on the lawn also since a whole tribe of friends from Tennessee came down for the show. Three hours and ten minutes! Not including the intermission!

I was the guy wearing the Children of Bodom shirt. (I didn't see anyone else wearing one, anyway, and didn't expect to. :) )

I have to agree with the comment that Rush is more of an indoor band. It felt....odd....seeing them in an outside shed, especially when I've seen them, ever since the Signals tour, in indoor arenas.