Rush signs with Roadrunner?

Commented to one of my co-workers that this sets up a "dream tour" scenario for Roadrunner label mates: Rush, Dream Theater, Queensryche..... Unfortunately, 20 years too late!

This doesn't surprise me too much. Their old label Atlantic and new label Roadrunner are both under the same parent Warner Music Group.

My guess is that Rush wanted on a better label that represented their kind of music (rock) and Atlantic no longer is a rock label.

Makes sense to me to move to a label that will actually help to promote your music and music of similar kinds.

However, I don't think they'll start touring with other bands. They've been doing it solo for quite a while now, billed as "An Evening with Rush".

As long as they keep touring and putting out great CD's I don't care who they are with.......my first show seeing them live was in '79 and I haven't stopped enjoying their music since.......

Atlantic is focusing more on indie rock, hip hop, pop, etc so all the hard rock or whatever on Warner is going to RR. Actually, this is why it's going to be highly unlikely we'll be seeing RR signing anything too soft in the future because it would just go to Atlantic.

Commented to one of my co-workers that this sets up a "dream tour" scenario for Roadrunner label mates: Rush, Dream Theater, Queensryche..... Unfortunately, 20 years too late!

Never going to happen. Rush/DT is possible, but both bands being on RR would have nothing to do with that.

Atlantic is focusing more on indie rock, hip hop, pop, etc so all the hard rock or whatever on Warner is going to RR. Actually, this is why it's going to be highly unlikely we'll be seeing RR signing anything too soft in the future because it would just go to Atlantic.

I remember when Overkill was on Atlantic....