Rush

DiscipleOfPlato

The Observer
Jul 29, 2003
Miami, FL.
Does anyone else realize the timeless genius and musical prowess that is Rush? They are by far my all-time favorite band, and to me, they've reached a point where they can do no wrong. In my opinion, there isn't a single band that has yet to match their original sound and creativity. Does anyone else enjoy their music as much as I do?

Im watching the Rio dvd now, the documentary part. As a collective of three people, they may be the three most sincere and focused people ever.

@Sunlapse: A couple of my favorites are Farewell to Kings, Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, Hemispheres, and all the rest of them are reccomended. :D

Words cannot describe the impact Rush has made in my life.
I recieved an an email just before my visit here:
"It's official! Rush will go on tour in 2004. It will be their 30th anniversary and the tour will include stops in both North America and Europe. Please stay tuned to Rush.com in the new year for more details."
I went to Rush.com but they have not yet posted anything about the tour yet.

It is prog rock, but close enough to metal.

My personal favorites are Grace Under Pressure (I'm a schtick for WWII stuff) and Moving Pictures, although I really do like their earlier, less synth based stuff.

As for doing no wrong, I can't say I particularly (sp) enjoyed Counterparts nearly as much as their other works.

Rush In Rio was one of the best DVD's ever, only hampered by the fact that I didn't get to create the set list. :)

This is a band that everyone who enjoys music should listen to at least 1 straight hour in their lifetime, chances are you'll come back for much, much more.

I decided to learn playing drums when, in 1981, I've listened to 2112!!!
Neil Peart is one of my favourite drummers and I have ALL of Rush Albums...
All the prog metal bands of today must say thank you to those 3 guys!!

Rush is definetly one of my top 3 bands. I have only really been a fan for a couple years, but I listen to them all them time. The news about the concert next year is great, I missed them twice this year, and I really regretted it.

Y'know after seeing some many people verbally ejaculate over Rush I think its time I actually got my self an album. I take it any of those mentioned already are good enough to just buy without hearing any material before?

The only thing I've heard to do with Rush is a Neil Pert drum solo I downloaded one time. It was fuckin' quality too!

Ageless said:
Y'know after seeing some many people verbally ejaculate over Rush I think its time I actually got my self an album. I take it any of those mentioned already are good enough to just buy without hearing any material before?

The only thing I've heard to do with Rush is a Neil Pert drum solo I downloaded one time. It was fuckin' quality too!

I'd recommend any first time listener start with Moving Pictures myself.

Heh, you're not the first person I've heard say that.

Oh well, go download the track "Yyz" by them, it's one of their best songs and it has no vocals either, you might enjoy. :p

I would definitely recommend "Moving Pictures" for any beginning listener. Oh, and considering I've never seen Rush live, despite the fact that they are indeed my favorite band, there is virtually NO chance in hell I'm missing that tour next year! Hell, I'll drive to Canada if I have to....though that better not be necessary.

E6V6I6L said:
i can't get past their singer. everytime i hear them i just put on something else. i can't stand him.
Hell yeah to that, I can't stand his voice. As good as he is at bass, I just cannot stand his Mariah-Careyish very very very extremely high voice. The music itself is great and extremely badass, but the first time I heard a Rush song I was like "What the fuck? is this a joke? sounds like Alvin the chipmunk is singing!". I respect them (especially Alex Lifeson because I'm a guitarist as well) for being extremely talented musicians, but I really can't take one song seriously without laughing. I'll see about Yyz tho, glad it doesn't have vocals.

Yeah, they are good musicians and all, but Geddy's voice is just.... horrible. Not that he's a bad singer, its just annoyingly high pitched.