Ruskin Arms to close in December!

stephen-intense

Official Master Basser
Aug 29, 2004
It might not seam like much to most people, but for me the place was like a second home for many years. Propped up the bar on many saturday nights, and played there in various bands over the years (even got offered a residencey there once). For most people it may not have been the greatest of all rock/metal bars/venues, but i still have many, many fond memories (and one or two not so good ;):lol:) of the place and feel quite sad to see it go. :cry:

Hope to be at the last classic rock night at the end of October and the two day gig thing they plan to put on in November as the last event. Who knows who'll turn up.....

Newham is undoutedly the arse end of humanity but the ruskin made living there worthwhile - this is tragic news :cry:Although living away for years now the ruskin still felt like my local and i can't believe I can never go back. so many memories of so many bands but especially of drinking with and watching dianno in his Lone Wolf years and seeing bruce there with maiden when they played a gig as Ghengis Khan just after he joined.I will be raising a glass to past times on the final gig weekend:cry: