Russ Allen solo album?

Prog Maiden

Mar 1, 2003
Wayne, PA
Visit site
I was just wondering if there's any progress being made with this? I had talked to Russ at Progpower about it and I know he hopes to have it out next year sometime. I know he's going to be awfully busy between hitting the studio with the band and his upcoming wedding... I can't wait to hear it whenever it comes out anyway. I was told it's going to be a bluesy rock cd. It'll be awesome to hear Russ doing something completely different than Symphony X. :)

Russ & his lovely fiancee are getting married in summer of 2004. I don't know what the status is on any solo material, though I'd imagine his first priority will be to work on the new SymX cd after the first of the year.

Lady of the Oracle said:
Russ & his lovely fiancee are getting married in summer of 2004. I don't know what the status is on any solo material, though I'd imagine his first priority will be to work on the new SymX cd after the first of the year.

Yeah, Christie & Russ told me it's sometime in August--what a lovely time for a wedding! :) I can imagine they're going to be pretty busy with the wedding plans and all. Kudos to Russ for still going to the studio with all he has coming up. He's sure going to be busy! Regardless of when the solo album (and the new SyX) come out, I look forward to hearing them. :) What exactly is the new one going to be anyway? Are they still re-doing the self-titled album or is this going to be new material?

The new cd will be new material, but they're contemplating rerecording some of the s/t songs at the same time they go in to record the new cd, so we'll see what they have for us in 2004.

Lady of the Oracle said:
The new cd will be new material, but they're contemplating rerecording some of the s/t songs at the same time they go in to record the new cd, so we'll see what they have for us in 2004.

Have they said anything about what kind of direction the next disc is going to be taking? Like another heavy metal disc like the Odyssey or something more 'proggy' like V? Or something completely different perhaps?

im really looking forward to russ's solo album, whatever he does i know i will love.

prolly never happen, but what would be cool is if they put even just one picture from the wedding on the site or something so that we can see how wonderful they all look for it, especially christie, she is so incredibly beautiful, id love to see her in her wedding dress and russ looking so gorgeous as he always does. yeah its a dream, but without hope what do you have ;)