Russian cds?

mark b

Prog 4 ever. Australia!!!
Apr 30, 2007
Toowoomba, Australia.
www.myspace.com
Just a question to anybody who might know.

Are the cds that say (not to be sold out of Russia and the baltic states) Pirated?because they look exactly the same as if i bought it at a music shop,the reason i say this is that i bought some prog cds on ebay that were from finland,yet when they arrived the parcel said it had been sent from Moscow.They were alot cheaper than anywhere else on ebay!!!

MARK

Nuclearhell cd store sells the Russian versions for a cheap price to anyone...
I don't think they are "pirated"...

It will be a licensing issue. There will be other companies that have the license to sell those cds in other countries, so they're limited to only selling from their licensed location so that can't cut into other companies territories (because of exclusivity deals etc).

i bought some prog cds on ebay that were from finland,yet when they arrived the parcel said it had been sent from Moscow.They were alot cheaper than anywhere else on ebay!!!
I bought from eBay few years ago some cds that were supposed to be from Finland. Those came fron Russia instead. Well, to cut the story short, the seller isn't a member of eBay anymore.

I'd advise to be careful with Russian or Baltic sellers, they usually sell pirate copies. Nowadays they are so professionally made that it's extremely difficult to tell if they're genuine or not. Organised crime really works fine in that region.

I'll take more care when buying as i always like to support the artist! But i must say you would never be able to tell,they are so well done.
Indeed they are. Went to an underground music store in Poland with some buddy's. "Are these cd's pirated?" "Nuoow!"... Sure :Smug:

But you should love Russian laws... that's the reason the Ultimate Guitar tab archive is still up and running :kickass:

Just a question to anybody who might know.

Are the cds that say (not to be sold out of Russia and the baltic states) Pirated?because they look exactly the same as if i bought it at a music shop,the reason i say this is that i bought some prog cds on ebay that were from finland,yet when they arrived the parcel said it had been sent from Moscow.They were alot cheaper than anywhere else on ebay!!!

MARK
Avoid that!!!
I bought on Ebay some cd's and when they finally arrived,I saw that those cd's are made in Russian federation.:OMG:
At first,I was mad but then I said..ok, it's not so bad..it's their licence('cause I only saw that on cd and on the back cover are Russian language)...then I noticed that "blood" on the cd(Virgin Steele-House of Atreus)is yellow...and then when I hoped that all disapointment is in that,I started to read the lyrics,but guess what?!In whole booklet lyrics were mixed up...letter over letter....but of course that is not the whole story..when I finally put cd in player...my player couldn't read that crappy cd!

p.s.and booklet was damaged!:yell:

p.s.s.Now I ordered Symphony X,Paradise lost album from ebay,but it's Brazilian licence..everything is ok but I can't find the picture(that big flame with eye,similar to Sauron's eye)...on the left side(when I opened the box)is some tribal.Is that ok..or I have to kill somebody?