04-Батюшка (часть II) [11:51]
05-Ой, матушка, тошно мне [5:24]

Tracklist:

01-Disaster [10:00]
02-Orphans [10:00]
03-Father (part I) [10:47]
04-Father (part II) [11:51]
05-Oh, dear mother, I'm sick of it all [5:24]

I decided to show you this band, as I know there are some doom-lovers. I must admit that their work is really impressive, and I definitely would never call it ordinary or banal. Well, maybe it won't surprise you, but for me it's definitely some kind of revelation.

This slavonic funeral doom is based on the folk pre-Christian funeral traditions and rituals. In their lyrics they use funeral "weeping" and lamentation, that actually keep pagan conception of the Slavs about death, world beyond the grave and rapports between the dead and alive ones. The music is kind of a mix of folk melodic and a heavy sound of depressive metal.

The album was recorded in one year. It consists of five pretty long tracks. Four of the compositions are united with a common idea and tell a story about head's of the family death - father, about orphanhood and solitude. The fifth track is kind of experiment, a mix between of real funeral singing of a village woman (weeping for a dead child) and a cold electronic sound.

http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=UQ3DL5TU
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5fbca5/

* Во Скорбях - (Vo Skorbyah) In Sorrow.

I heard this album already. It is horrible.

Actually it's not. It has a nice thick depressive atmopshere, and the female vocals add a nice touch to it. The lead work over the slow guitars is fairly melodic and depressive. I liked it while listening, but we'll see how many repeated spins it gets. It's just hard to kick out Skepticism when I want to listen to funeral doom.

EDIT: I forgot Alcest is horrible too :loco:

Skepticism is absolutely awesome, but I don't think you have to compare it to Во Скорбях. It's different. It might sound weird because it fucking slavic funeral folklore, and I'm sure it's a bit unusual for you. Plus I'm not saying that it's super great, I'm saying that this band is definitely worth hearing.

True. Pretty much anything else is superfluous. :)

I thought this band was gonna be good before I actually heard it. I tried listenign to it and immediately said WTF?! :zombie:

The fourth song is aboslutely great, it's an interesting mix and deserves more listens, but it isn't Horrible, or anywhere close, just quite different to the ears.

fedor: first track is more like "Woe" rather than "Disaster"
I live in Ukraine all my life. Words like disaster, grief and woe are pretty much the same for me, until somebody explains me their deeper meanings (which hasn't been happened). And i always try my best to make my translation good. So tell your russian friend, he can kiss my ass... twice.