The review on the Assault 'zine

Monroe

out of this side
Dec 26, 2003
Sakhalin
The album was released 3 years ago, nevertheless, you still get reviews. This one is in Russian, but the English version is coming soon.

FOREST STREAM '03 (RUS)
"Tears of Mortal Solitude"
EARACHE Rec.
Очень приятно осознавать, что все же попадают НАШИ на серьезные лэйблы и выпускают серьезные альбомы! Очередным удивлением и открытием для меня стал FOREST STREAM, выпустивший еще в 2003-ем альбом на английской "ушной боли".
Вот от чего далека муза FOREST STREAM, - так это от ушной боли. Близка к сердечной... душевной тоске, разлившейся теплыми волнами внутри тела прекрасной осенней меланхолией. Или, скажем, зимними снегопадами, с завораживающими огромными снежинками, тающими на ладонях, лице, шее. Теми моментами, которыми стоит дорожить; они вихрем носятся в голове лишь от момента, обстановки, взгляда, запаха ветра или прикосновения руки Природы. Музыки или просто аккорда.
Это не ново. Подобный вид атмосфернейшего Dark Metal еще в начале 90-ых делала KATATONIA и совсем к месту тут будет вспомнить УБИЙСТВЕННЫЙ "Dance of December Souls". Примерно в этом же эмоциональном ключе движется и FOREST STREAM, разве что не сворачивая в разные альтернативные течения, как их зарубежные коллеги. Полный чувственности и драматизма, мрачный, тоскливый, но при всем при этом очень красивый Doom Metal (с черной примесью красок). Дрейфующие мелодии гитар, клавиш и эмоциональное пение, - те составляющие, которые рассказывают мне о более глубоких и искренних побуждениях музыкантов, нежели просто играть мелодичную музыку и быть мрачноватыми.
В России этот альбом переиздавал Союз. Прочувствуйте Зимнее Солнцестояние сами, сейчас как раз в пору!
R.Possessed
www.assault-crew.net

I don't know how those little squiggly blocks translates into words, but it looks like a pretty short review from the length!

Englishmen, enjoy ;)

FOREST STREAM '03 (RUS)
"Tears of Mortal Solitude"
EARACHE Rec.
It’s very pleasant to realize that, nevertheless, our folk come upon serious labels and make serious albums! FOREST STREAM, having released the album on the English “Earache” as long ago as 2003, came the next astonishment and revelation for me.
The thing FOREST STREAM’s music is just far away, it is ear ache. It’s close to heart… spiritual depression, spread with warm waves inside the body, with beautiful autumn melancholy... Or, perhaps, by winter snowfalls with charming huge snowflakes, melting on palms, face and neck; by those moments we must value…they rush like the wind in one’s mind just because of some moment, situation, glance, smell of wind or a touch of Nature hand... of music or simply an accord.
It’s not newly. KATATONIA did similar kind of the most atmospheric Dark Metal in the beginning of 90s, and it’s to the point to recall killing "Dance of December Souls". FOREST STREAM is moving in similar emotional route unless not turning to different alternative streams as they foreign colleagues did. Full of sensuality and tension, obscure, sad, but for all that very beautiful, Doom Metal (with a touch of black colors). Drifting guitar and keyboard melodies and expressive vocal - are those components which confide the musicians’ deep and sincere motives, it's more than just playing melodic music and be somewhat gloomy.
Soyuz reissued the album in Russia. Feel deeply Winter Solstice, it’s in the nick of time!
R.Possessed

Sorry, if there are some mistakes.

Hah that review was so poetic, it brought tears to my eyes and a deep confusion to my brain. :)

LOL :D Oinkness, I know what you mean ;) Sorry, it's because of my poor English ...

p.s. I corrected it a bit