Tribute to Katatonia

Damonex

New Metal Member
May 14, 2007
В каком состоянии, простите, вы записывали трибьют? Это ужасно. :OMG: :cry:
да к тому же лажать(вступление после акустической части) на студийной(надо полагать) записи... хм... как-то не профессионально :)
да и звучание на акустической части не очень удачное...
ну я конечно понимаю, что были и хуже трибьюты...
НО... -1 ребята :)
ну и над вокалом поржаль, хоть за это спасибо :devil:
с уважением :D Damonex.

Too bad our guest here did not trouble himself with a translation....
But lets have a look what he has to say:

What condition were in when recording this tribute? This is horrible.

Besides playing it all wrong (right after the accoustic part) on a studio (i suppose) record...hm...this is somehow not professional.
And the sound of the accoustic part is not very successful...
I can, of course, understand, there were worse tributes...
BUT...-1 guys
and well, i had a good laugh at the vocals, thanks for that at least.
regards, Damonex

Unfortunately, i have not heard this record in a very-very long time, so i cannot really say anything. I do remember the guys weren't really satisfied with the quality of sound. but that's it. I doubt they played anything wrong there. I'd suppose Damonex has problems with his ears...but let it be.

10x for the translation... I have no any problem with my ears... It's not just my apinion, that this tribute is a shit and wrong played. ;) Katatonia is my favorite group and I play this song so much times and so much times I heard it...
My regards.

It's very interesting for me to read apinion of band(FS) members about this tribute. How you guys appreciate this record?

Damonex, VirtualZ:

Thank you very much for your qualified and mostly wanted opinions. But you really didn't have to register to the forum to convey it to all other forum members. As they say: if you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Of course you are entitled to have your opinion but it is by no means the ultimate.
And of course, hearing your cover would be a pleasure. Would you care to provide a link?

If you are so interested in FS members' opinion, wait till they are back from Ukraine.

ну и над вокалом поржаль, хоть за это спасибо :devil:
с уважением :D Damonex.

Would be interesting to hear your vocal, man... Seems you're the best.

Honestly, I know everyones entitled to their opinions but really, what you just wrote in your first post was all dumb.

Firstly, when you cover a song you wanna make sure you give the song YOUR BANDS unique sound, whats the point in running Katatonias settings and sounding 100% like them? This cover beats the original katatonia version musically, perhaps the vocals arent as hateful as the katatonia song, but thats the only thing missing.

And totally, all the credit to you that you can play the song in your bedroom in front of a practice amp! But this is far from an amateur work. Once you get a band that has a distinctive sound you´ll realize adding that sound to the cover of your choice will be very important, so that other people know that your band covered this song, and I can hear directly that it´s Forest stream playing this.

Secondly, "playing it all wrong after the acoustic part", heh? What exactly is wrong? They play the song whatever way they want to. I suppose you must really hate Helevorn´s cover of "12" since they changed a lot of stuff in that cover.

Thanks for your support Xarn. I wouldn't comment on what we've done. The only thing to say after that is - we'll never be dealing with russian studios any more... and one thing more.
In Russia... saying "you guys are total crap"... makes people, who say this, feel really good and cool. Am not saying for the whole country but we gave away countless fuckoffs after our gigs as gifts for coming and starting telling you - "our guitarist is more professional" or "your drummer sucks" or "what a crappy sound you guys had today" or "I don't get it how you guys managed to play with Katatonia".
After all said I'd like to summarize.
Every time we do our best. Those who wank in front of their PCs typing "what a shitty cover you made!" do not realize a tiny bit of it all what it costs to record it in Russia. I am not saying we are fucking unique or gifted guys, no. We are as normal as other bands in the world. 6 ordinary people working hard to bring our country to the world of metal... Because we know what the situation with the russian underground stage is. And maybe that cover was not our best production, I can admit that. We are just humans, so what?
Yet nothing matters to the dead
Do you think another fuck off would suit it better?
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Прошу прощения, что опять на русском, не хочется упустить мысль работая над переводом.
Ничего плохого о группе в целом сказать не хотел и не хочу, но... можно было приложить больше усилий и сделать всё намного лучше, я действительно верю, что вы могли сделать это лучше... просто такое ощущения, что вы записали этот кавер так, для галочки... честное слово... были конечно каверы куда хуже... вобщем... честно, ожидал от отечественной группы чего-то большего =\ тем более, что слышал много хороших отзывов... простите... разочарован окончательно в отечественных группах... за парой исключений пожалуй.

Translation please?
poortwistedme, you should have mastered Russian by this time :D

Damonex writes:

"Sorry for writing in Russian, don't want to lose the idea while wording the translation.
I didn't want and don't say anything bad about the band, but...you could have made a bigger effort and make the cover a lot better. I really believe that you could have done it better...the impression is as though you've wanted to tick it off simply...my word upon that. Of course there were covers a lot worse than that...in gereral, i really expected something better from a Russian band especially because i've heard many positive opinions about you...sorry, i'm competely disappointed by the local bands....excluding a couple though."

Being disappointed is entirely up to you my fine sir...
Cheers

And a mighty horns up to you Demona :headbang:

I do actually know a lil bit of russian, mostly meaningless phrases just for laughs. But then again speaking Russian and READING Russian are two completely separate things :lol:

So until the day I become fluent I guess you will have to keep translating for us simple English speaking folk lolz. I guess one day when I visit Europe i can pay you back in beers? Cheers dude :kickass:

2 poort
Beers should be sent to my address:))) The most reliable way of transferring beers to Demona:))))

And a mighty horns up to you Demona :headbang:

I do actually know a lil bit of russian, mostly meaningless phrases just for laughs. But then again speaking Russian and READING Russian are two completely separate things :lol:

So until the day I become fluent I guess you will have to keep translating for us simple English speaking folk lolz. I guess one day when I visit Europe i can pay you back in beers? Cheers dude :kickass:

indeed speaking and reading Russian or actually any other language are tottally different things. So i guess i'm stuck with you lot here :D

2 poort
Beers should be sent to my address:))) The most reliable way of transferring beers to Demona:))))

...which means I'm only getting to smell those...eh..