Russian metal band?

HEPCECOB

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
Anyone know of any Russian heavy metal band (heavy as in tech metal-ish)
I'm from russia, and I don't know of a single one. Even though I have Russian satellite, they show nothing but Russian pop crap which is even worse, yes worse, than Brittney Spears.

Tvangeste is from Russia, and they're really good gothic metal. I bought 'Firestorm' a while ago. Definitely influenced by Devil Doll, but doesn't really sound like Devil Doll.

does anyone have that aria song called colisaum? or does anyone know where i could get aria songs? maybe anyone of you could send me some please:cry:

Butterfly Temple play a mixture of Doom, Folk, and Black metal, with AMAZING results.

Tropoyu Krovi Po Vole Roda is probably their best album.

Lykathea said:
i bought firestorm blindly a while back and its the worst metal album i own besides maybe the newest skyfire so fu o_O

Firestorm is great, I don't know what everyone hates about it.

Lykathea said:
i bought firestorm blindly a while back and its the worst metal album i own besides maybe the newest skyfire so fu o_O

I'm sure you think gothic metal is shit though. It's good in terms of what it is and who the other popular gothic metal bands are.

Barking Pumpkin said:
I'm sure you think gothic metal is shit though. It's good in terms of what it is and who the other popular gothic metal bands are.

To me, this is a plain horrible attitude to have about music. "I like this band not because they're good, but because they're good at what they do." Based on this argument, Khanate should be super popular, 'cause they sure as hell know what they're doing and do a good job at it. Most people just don't like what "it" is.

My point? I listen to music because I like what I hear, not because I like how it fits into a certain genre, or compares to other artists in said genre. But that's just me.