S.O.D. Kill Yourself (The Movie)

I kinda thought they did on Vol. 8, not as much as the musical influence but with short funny songs like "604" and "Cupajoe". I think Born Again Idiot has the biggest Pantera influence of any Anthrax song.

Pantera is much different than S.O.D. What does this have to do with SOD? Vol. 8 is about as far from SOD as any Anthrax album. It is total shit.

I kinda thought they did on Vol. 8, not as much as the musical influence but with short funny songs like "604" and "Cupajoe".

604 clocks in at 30 sec., Cupajoe at 45, that's less than 1 1/2 min. of S.O.D. influence on an album with 64 min. playtime, Born Again Idiot is the only fast song on a record with 15 songs (if you count Pieces), 1 Thrash song out of 15 on an Anthrax album, i think that was Thrax's biggest problem within the last 15 years, on Stomp zero Thrash songs out of 11 on an Anthrax album, WCFYA: What doesn't die, Any Place But Here, Black Dahlia, only 3 songs out of 14 that have at least faster parts and a heavier sound overall. in the last 15 years Anthrax was without Thrash, without fast and heavy songs, kind of Anthrax without Anthrax, that's why their fanbase became smaller and smaller with every album, the core of Thrax's fanbase were people that liked fast and heavy music, i think they weren't too happy with songs like Black Lodge, Nothing, Bare, Toast To The Extras, Pieces, Safe Home,..., the problem wasn't Bush on vocals, the problem was the dramatic change of sound from Thrash to mallcore.

604 clocks in at 30 sec., Cupajoe at 45, that's less than 1 1/2 min. of S.O.D. influence on an album with 64 min. playtime, Born Again Idiot is the only fast song on a record with 15 songs (if you count Pieces), 1 Thrash song out of 15 on an Anthrax album, i think that was Thrax's biggest problem within the last 15 years, on Stomp zero Thrash songs out of 11 on an Anthrax album, WCFYA: What doesn't die, Any Place But Here, Black Dahlia, only 3 songs out of 14 that have at least faster parts and a heavier sound overall. in the last 15 years Anthrax was without Thrash, without fast and heavy songs, kind of Anthrax without Anthrax, that's why their fanbase became smaller and smaller with every album, the core of Thrax's fanbase were people that liked fast and heavy music, i think they weren't too happy with songs like Black Lodge, Nothing, Bare, Toast To The Extras, Pieces, Safe Home,..., the problem wasn't Bush on vocals, the problem was the dramatic change of sound from Thrash to mallcore.

Very well put! I agree. Anthrax sort of went from writing good thrash songs, to just writing good hardrock & groove songs.
...with S.O.D. maintaining their identity all the while.

Jus checked it and even that song sucks ass! My god now I remember why I didn't buy that album...

Musically that song isn't half bad. Vocally it kills it. JB just doesn't sound good when he has to sing over fast thrash parts. He sounds best when there is a slower melodic part. I think Anthrax changed their sound to fit John Bush's vocal style.

I think Scott Ian should have just gone and played on an Armored Saint album or done a side project with John Bush and kept Anthrax a Thrash band like it was supposed to be.

Good times

Crush isn't Fast ?