SABATON! SABATON! SABATON!

I was sooo looking forward to these guys... It was dashed a bit after Thursday night but they flat out stormed the stage on Friday and didn't stop til the last song... They were f'n awesome...

And thanks to Joakim for being such a kickass guy - it really really mattered after the Thursday night downer...

As I told a bunch of people, I went into the theater expecting to not enjoy their set. I hadn't heard one song from them, but expected cheesy, Hammerfall-like power metal. I walked in and saw the singer's outfit and laughed and told Yardley, "They're fucking Hammerfall wanna-be's."

By the end of the second song I was sold. They put on a great show! They were obviously having a ton of fun, and the singer is a great frontman, even if some of his moves are repetitive or cliche. Which frontman's are not? They were tight, and did what they do awesomely well.

Honestly, before they weekend, I expected to like them least of any of the bands this weekend. After seeing them play, they were, by FAR the best performance of the weekend - and that's saying a LOT because every performance I saw this weekend was really, really strong!

Kudos to Sabaton, and I hope to see them back in the future!

And yeah, I think I saw Jolkim's shoelaces. Rainbow stripes, right?

Yes. I (hopefully) have a picture of them. I laughed my ass off when I saw them. Forgot to ask him about it back stage though. I think he really wanted a shower and I was bothering him for a picture. He's really, really cool. Favorite PP band next to Elvenking.

I was at first. Then I saw him a couple times (I sitting at the left edge of the stage), fling the stand purposely in between others like a surgeon. I figured he knew what he was doing, but it looked nuts.

I talked to Urban about it the next night and he said he's never hit anyone yet. He also said he warned them all in advance.

As for Sabaton, they totally kicked my ass! Once they were done I had nothing left for Royal Hunt. Don't get me wrong, I loved Royal Hunt too, but I had to find a seat. I was drained of all energy and couldn't scream anymore if I tried. My throat is still sore as I type this! Easily one of the top 5 performances ever at PPUSA and they totally stole the show. Can't wait to have them back!

I have been Sabatonized for life. I went all the way to PPX bascially for them and I had high expectations, but they raised the bar outside the Milky Way. They're truly a metal machine (and wonderful people).

Sabaton and Primal Fear were the only two bands I was looking forward to seeing this year. We can all agree Sabaton was AWESOME.... having said this, I was VERY UPSET when their set ended without them playing "In the Name of God!" Anyone else feel the same way?!?!?!? It was September 11th for crying out loud!!!!!

"STAND UP AND SHOW ME YOUR FACE!"

i am so proud of my Sabaton boys, it was a trip to be able to sponsor them this year

Same here! :headbang:

In fact, I was talking at length with the members of the band, both up in the VIP area as well as at the post-party in the Artmore courtyard. They were thanking me profusely for having sponsored them to allow them to play here in the states. In fact, one told me he was honored. I told him back, "No, the honor is mine!".

Awesome band and all around great bunch of guys that I am so proud to have sponsored as well.

Now, I truly see why people like to help sponsor this thing year after year.

Great band, only concern was not being able to hear the guitars... but then most p.a. guys don't love guitars as much as I do, so no worries. I did hear the guitars were fine close to the stage though. :worship:

having said this, I was VERY UPSET when their set ended without them playing "In the Name of God!" Anyone else feel the same way?!?!?!? It was September 11th for crying out loud!!!!!

"STAND UP AND SHOW ME YOUR FACE!"

At the risk of turning this into some big political BS...

Actually, you bring up a very good point. I was kinda disappointed that there was no mention/acknowledgment of the fact that it was 9/11 that night.

That would've been really cool if Sabaton did play "In the Name of God" and acknowledged 9/11. It would've cemented it that much more in my minds these guys are truly a class act. Oh well, still was an awesome night of metal though, and in the end, I guess what better way to basically tell the terrorists that even 8 years later, we are still like "Fuck You! We are still playing our metal! Whether you like it or not!"

Wow! Simply amazing performance! :headbang:

Sabaton was probably #4 on my list of bands I was looking forward to hearing, but ended up being my favorite. I hope they are back at PP soon!!

p.s. I never get tired of listening to Primo Victoria. What a great song, so powerful! I get chills everytime I hear it...

I was too busy having a good time to realise what they didn't play, and way too happy to hear "Price of a Mile." What do you want for an hour set, you know?

I wasn't to concerned about what they didn't play, but still, the guy did bring up an interesting point.

Still, was just a friggan unreal set that night! Like you basically said in the "Cheers & Jeers" thread - "Was worth every penny of the sponsorship!"

I jsut want to say that Sabaton's Set was quite possibly the most amazing show I've seen in my entire life. Between them and DSO I could probably never see a live show again and be happy.

Okay maybe not but I've never seen a band get so positively -INTO- it and i'm just as happy as can be that I was able to go friday!