Sad news.

The Man

Franks and beans!
Feb 4, 2002
Gautier, MS
bigfatcatharsis.150m.com
I got back from vacation on Saturday and have been debating whether or not I should post this. A couple weeks ago I posted a thread titled "Something I have in common with Brent and John Bush". At the time my wife and I found out she was just a little over a month pregnant. Well, unfortunately while we were vacationing in Florida on Friday the 18th she started bleeding and later in the day began having contractions and they ended in a miscarriage. So for the time being fatherhood will not be something I get to experience yet. We are both extremely sad. We cried together for guite a while Friday and have been figuring out our own ways to cope. She was only 6 weeks along, so the baby wasn't much physically, but the idea of what we were going to have was great. We may try again in the future. Neither of us know for sure if we could handle the same situation again and stay sane. The ironic part of the situation is that her mother had a miscarriage once at the same exact stage or pregnancy. Six weeks later she was pregnant again and had 2 more healthy children. So the same situation may occur here.

I'm not a religious person, but I do believe that things always work out somehow. Life is not perfect, but if you stick with it and try hard enough things usually turn out for the best. I'm sticking to that philosophy in this situation and keeping my fingers crossed for a silver lining to this dark cloud.

A friend of mine went through exactly what you are experiencing a few years ago. We were at a Motorsport event iin Spain when his wife was rushed to hospital for bleeding. My friend was told by telephone while in Spain, and he was really cut up about it. I was gutted for him and didn't know what to say. He is now the father of a 2 year old son, and his wife is now expecting their second child, so don't give up hope man. Things tend to happen for a reason, and I firmly believe that. I have had some life changing things happen to me, some of them life threatening, and I'm still here. I'm not a deeply religious person, but most of my family are. Stick with it, give it time and if you try again, you might just be the happiest man in the world. I wish you both all the best.

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I can't even imagine what you and your wife must be going through.
Hang in there, man. Take care of each other.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I too believe that everything happens for a reason, although that's always the last thing you want to hear when something terrible happens.

Hang in there and give each other strength to get through this difficult time.

I have been where u r at buddy. So sorry to hear this sad news. Take care. Your wife and your family are in my thoughts.

Onwards and upwards.

Sorry about your loss. It must be extremely difficult to deal wioth, but you seem to have the right attitude. The thing to remember is that it happened naturally and early which means there was a reason--most likely something was wrong with the placenta or there was some other "problem" Call it GOd, call it nature, call it the human body, but when it happens naturally, there's usually some underlying reason. I know that's not much consolation right now, but it's something to remember.

Good luck in the future. If she ever has one again, I recommend she get checked out for some blodd disorders. My wife has one that's pretty rare and was only discovered like 10 years ago. If she would not have gotten a blood clot years ago and discovered the problem, she would have been very likely to have repeated miscarriages due to clotting of the placenta. Instead, everything worked out, and she was on blood thinner shots for the pregnancies to help prevent any problems.
Wish you the best!

First off, my deepest condolences to you and your wife. :wave:

I'm blown away by how much I've heard stories about this by woman around me. One lady in my class has had three miscarriages in a row!! o_O

My mom also had a miscarriage and said it feels horrid! You hold the person in your body for so long and are so excited and then things just dont work out.

Bro, I've read and heard a bit about these miscarrages and they are quite related to being in front of computers all day long. The lady who had the three miscarriages was constantly in front of a computer for work.

I recommend for you and your wife to analyse what you are exposed to at work and around the house. Stay away from ELF's (extremely low frequencies) please! Are you living near any powerlines?? Do you use an electric blanket?? Do you have water pipes running underneath you where your bed is?? Do you and your wife suffer from any other diseases such as epilepsy or migraines and headaches? What kind of food do you eat, is it natural and is cooked in the microwave or not??

All these variables have been reported to have caused problems. I study Chinese medicine and maybe I can help out. :)

For the rest of you: Stay the bejeebus away from power lines.

thanks for all the kind words. i really appreciate them. i am cnfident things will work out. we may have healthy children in teh future, we may not have any at all. no matter what happens i've no doubt our relationship will stay strong. that's the most important thing to me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. To go from the high of finding out you are expecting to this... I know that at a time such as this, words are pretty inadequate. It sounds like this is not an extremely uncommon event, and others have had success afterwards. If you do decide to try again, good luck. If not, good luck as well. The important thing is your wife's health. As long as she is healthy, you will have the chance to try again if you so choose.

Best wishes and deepest sympathies,

Scott

Hey bud, also, don't feel like a tool for posting shit on the net. Everytime I'm down, I do. It feels good to know that there are people out there who don't know your but from Adam, but they feel for ya bro. They do. I don't wanna make this all religious and shit, but it lets you know there is a someone out there for, or else he wouldn't have his children looking out for you. It will all come around in the end my friend. Faith, faith is what it is all about.

TD said:
Hey bud, also, don't feel like a tool for posting shit on the net. Everytime I'm down, I do. It feels good to know that there are people out there who don't know your but from Adam, but they feel for ya bro. They do. I don't wanna make this all religious and shit, but it lets you know there is a someone out there for, or else he wouldn't have his children looking out for you. It will all come around in the end my friend. Faith, faith is what it is all about.
whos children are looking out for who,i dont understand dude!

thats bad news man,i hope second run around is much better,although i dont know the pain u have at this time