Sad News

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Dear All,

I am sorry to say that I will not be attending Progpower 6 this year. It is both a sad and a exciting time for me. A lot of you may know that I was laid off from my IT job in March. Severance pay till August has eased the financial woes. In this time I have changed my career goals to the medical field. Last week I started a 9 week course for a CNA (Certified Nurses Asistant) that will end on August 15th. I initially thought all would be good but then found out that my next class EMT (Emergency Medical Training) would start two days later and run for 16 weeks including Saturdays and every other Sunday for clinicals in actual hospital ER's. So there is no way that I can go, so as you can see, I am sad yet excited as working in the ER is my goal as well as being a licensed RN in the next three years. I am sorry that I will not see most of you but hopefully I will be there next year.

-Sean Quigley (AKA The Q
metalrag@yahoo.com

Good luck Sean, we will enjoy ProgPower for you!

And congratulations on the Kidney walk thing... I see your goal was defnitely over reached =)

Sorry that you cannot make it to Progpower this year Sean! I will tell you this though, a great RN is worth their weight in gold!

I have been very thankful to the nurses that have taken care of my mother over the years and I think you will find it the toughest, yet most rewarding job at the same time.

Hey Sean,

I understand your position, man. I, too, have recently decided to switch from the IT field to the medical field. I am currently in school for Radiology, and hope to be working as a Rad Tech in about two years. It sucks that you'll hafta miss the show this year, but I'm sure everyone here will keep a seat open for you next year. :)

--Mike

Hi Sean!

Best of luck to you in your new career. I changed careers a few years back and it certainly is an exciting, if not anxiety-provoking, experience! I am sure you will be wildly successful!

It was great meeting you at Powerfest in Chicago. I am sorry that you can't make it to ProgPower this year, but I'm sure I'll see ya at PPVII, if not before. :)

Steph

Good luck with your new pursuits!! That sounds so exciting! I can't remember if we met at Powerfest or not, but I'll make sure that we do next year! Best wishes!!

~Tammy~

Sean,
Greg and I are so proud of you. You have a great personality, are very compassionate and have all the other good qualities required for a career in this field. You'll be missed at PP this year.
Lova Ya,
Cindy

The_Q said:
Dear All,

I am sorry to say that I will not be attending Progpower 6 this year. It is both a sad and a exciting time for me. A lot of you may know that I was laid off from my IT job in March. Severance pay till August has eased the financial woes. In this time I have changed my career goals to the medical field. Last week I started a 9 week course for a CNA (Certified Nurses Asistant) that will end on August 15th. I initially thought all would be good but then found out that my next class EMT (Emergency Medical Training) would start two days later and run for 16 weeks including Saturdays and every other Sunday for clinicals in actual hospital ER's. So there is no way that I can go, so as you can see, I am sad yet excited as working in the ER is my goal as well as being a licensed RN in the next three years. I am sorry that I will not see most of you but hopefully I will be there next year.

-Sean Quigley (AKA The Q
metalrag@yahoo.com

Damned Sean. : ( I will miss you brother. PPVI just won't be the same without "the coolest person at progpower." I'll have a great time anyway, but it won't be the same. I'll make a toast to you at the biggest party I attend. You know how shy I am, so I'm not sure if everyone will hear me, but I'll speak extra loud just for you. :loco:

Bryant

booB said:
at least one of us has his priorities straight... :) good luck, man!

Hey your name is Boob and you live in Cleveland. That's two strikes already !!! :loco:

Sorry dude, I am only picking at you. I'm a huge Steelers fan, so I couldn't resist. :D

Bryant

Sorry dude, I am only picking at you. I'm a huge Steelers fan, so I couldn't resist.

LOL, don't worry, I'm halfway there with you... I'm a huge Ben Roethlisberger fan. :)

Congratulations on the career path, Sean, ER Nurses are worth their weight in gold!...from motorcycle accident to a child w/ menengitis!-I have been helped by many,...and the good ones MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!sometimes even more than the docs,...one ER nurse caught a blood clot in my Dad's lung after a car accident,...would have lost him 20years prematurely-your impact on others, nursing,is so valuable ...noble choice, Sean. awesome. :headbang:

Hammerfall/Edguy is coming to Tempe in August,..that's at least cool, not Prog Power, but something out of the ordinary. ..Stratovarius/ into Eternity coming anywhere near you?
-Kelly

Well I'm not sure who you are my friend, but I'm sorry to hear about your job and financial woes. Having watched my parents go through that recently, I can sympathize. I hope things turn around for you, and that right soon! Good luck on your foray into the medical field -- and don't forget what Manowar has said, "Metal heals, my son!" :D

With kind regards,
Nathan