SADUS shows: San Francisco Candlestick Park with Metallica...!!!!

I see Mr Hippy isn't going to touch this one with a 40ft pole. Maybe he wants to keep his prospects alive? On that token, Mr Hippy if you were to play Orion all things being equal and you had the choice would you play it fretted or fretless?

I got the new Ihsahn record by the way. Nice stuff.

What's not to touch? Don't people usually try out for bands they have a semi-attraction to...?

Orion fretted or fretless...? Hmmm... Don't think it would make a bit of a difference. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it...

Haven't heard the new Ihsahn at all yet. Is Asgeir on this one too? I am really curious to hear Lars's bass though. He is the king.
SDG

Yep, Asgeir's on the new one, with thankfully a less clicky bass drum compared to the last Ihsahn album. Lars rules as usual, and I was suprised to hear some mellow passages on the album where the fretless mwah shines. Highly recommended. By the way, Steve, did you know Asgeir quit Borknagar?

What's not to touch? Don't people usually try out for bands they have a semi-attraction to...?

Orion fretted or fretless...? Hmmm... Don't think it would make a bit of a difference. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it...

Haven't heard the new Ihsahn at all yet. Is Asgeir on this one too? I am really curious to hear Lars's bass though. He is the king.
SDG

Haha. Just poking you with a stick. I don't know but I would do it for the money I guess, and yes I would jump up and down like a little girl too. Hell I would even go in for group therapy.

I'm going to do a cover of Orion with my band, I'm thinking of playing it on fretless to make it a little bit different. I was just wondering what you would do if you "had" to play it. Just out of curiosity. Not that I am a huge Metallica fan, I think you could characterise my interest in them as "semi-attracted" as well.

Yes, Ageir Mickelson is on the new Ihsahn. There are some interesting Lars K Norberg moments on there where you can tell it's him. Something about the way he phrases his staccato really tells you it's him.

Yep, Asgeir's on the new one, with thankfully a less clicky bass drum compared to the last Ihsahn album. Lars rules as usual, and I was suprised to hear some mellow passages on the album where the fretless mwah shines. Highly recommended. By the way, Steve, did you know Asgeir quit Borknagar?
It begs the question of who is going to replace him, do you know?

Nope. It's the hot question on the Borknagar forum atm who's gonna be playing drums for the Screamfest gig, as it could be a permanent new drummer. I'm hoping it's Trym from Emperor, as Zyklon's on ice now (especially as lucky Destructhor got picked for MORBID FUCKIN ANGEL!!!!!)

Nope. It's the hot question on the Borknagar forum atm who's gonna be playing drums for the Screamfest gig, as it could be a permanent new drummer. I'm hoping it's Trym from Emperor, as Zyklon's on ice now (especially as lucky Destructhor got picked for MORBID FUCKIN ANGEL!!!!!)

I think Hellhammer would be a good choice too, except for the fact he has so many other projects going. Richard Christy would be interesting with them.. but alas we are getting a bit off topic and I guess this is along the lines of what they are talking about on Borknagar's forum.

Speaking of which have you guys seen Tyr's 8 strings he is having made? Makes me wish I had more money to have my 8 string made.