Sagovindars Boning / Alvefard [Audio CD] Otyg

vintersorgbork

New Metal Member
Sep 27, 2008
Sagovindars Boning / Alvefard [Audio CD] Otyg . I am a new member and love whatever Andreas Hedlund touches! A NEW double dc is out. OTYG remastered versions of both albums in one package . :headbang: Ordered my copy from Amazon.com :headbang:

Remastered you say? Not true.

Please post about your future purchases in the 'Last CD you bought' thread. Thank you and welcome.

I ordered it from Theendrecords. I also noticed a sudden price drop and availability of Till Fjalls that was not present a week ago. My collection is approaching completeness.
Hedniskhjartad is still $50.

this is the newest otyg's topic, so i'm hanging to it.

i've read in an italian forum that something is on the move in the Otyg's world.
i don't know exactly what...the guy (an italian guy who lives in norway) who was speaking about it have been quite misterious....
now i'm in this kind of mood
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif

hope he was serious and well informed :cry:

i've read in an italian forum that something is on the move in the Otyg's world.
i don't know exactly what...the guy (an italian guy who lives in norway) who was speaking about it have been quite misterious....
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif

While I don't have any hope on Otyg news (besides re-releases) it could be interesting if you post the info here. I don't see Andreas on Otyg again, singing on a folk way anymore (even if Solens Rötter gave hopes of it, a return to the folkish sound I mean)

No hopes are strongly recommended :p

This is definitely not remastered and the only reason I bought it was to complete my collection. I am happy with the two Otyg releases and I hope the band stays at rest. Andreas could probably make another album of that style really easily but would it live up to the old albums? I am happy with the things he has been doing. Solens was a perfect mix of the old and the new!

I agree. I am very happy with the albums that were released.
Besides, say if they would reunite... it would probably sound more like Hardrock/Metal Folk - as opposed to just damn good folk music. If you listen to the demos and even in älvefärd, it sounds 'easy-going' and folk. Where, Sagovindars Boning and the "Gastkramad" song, you notice it starting to get heavier, especially in the song they wrote for their '3rd album'.
So maybe it is better this way, who knows.... I'm just glad that Otyg even existed and created the albums they did. I'm happy with what I have in my little Andreas collection box. Hihi. And yes, I bought the new release as well. I have them both, but still an Otyg release in some way.

OK - that just sounds so cute!

A little Andreas collection box! :saint:

Hihihi. I know. Well, if you look at my house, I have little "showcases", as it were, for every one of my favorite bands. So far I have one for Andreas, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and my own stuff.
Each contains albums T-shirts, patches, concert tickets (and pics if I have any), and other merch and memorabilia.
Plus, in my hallway... are lined up with my very first and rare T-shirts/albums that I have collected in my day. A lot of people say that my house is almost like a museum of all things hardrock and metal.:kickass::headbang:

denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif
denti.gif

Like most here I don't see this happen and I didn't really have hopes either - but it would be interesting to know what this rumour you heard of consists of?
That "something is on the move" appears somewhat vague...

Like most here I don't see this happen and I didn't really have hopes either - but it would be interesting to know what this rumour you heard of consists of?
That "something is on the move" appears somewhat vague...

seems like some cd copies of the two demos Galdersång and I Trollskogens have misteriously appeared in europe....the more i don't know, sorry....
maybe they are only bootleg but it's more than the emptyness we had.
personally i don't hide the fact that if i'll find one copy of those two cds i'll buy it, original or not, my mp3s are very bad, you can even hear the changing of the tape side!

seems like some cd copies of the two demos Galdersång and I Trollskogens have misteriously appeared in europe....the more i don't know, sorry....
maybe they are only bootleg but it's more than the emptyness we had.
personally i don't hide the fact that if i'll find one copy of those two cds i'll buy it, original or not, my mp3s are very bad, you can even hear the changing of the tape side!

I know that "Bergtagen" was released on cassette, but I don't know about the two others. If you look at the cover from "Galdersång..." it sure looks as if it's also cassette only. Therefore, I'm pretty sure those CD-copies that mysteriously have appeared are bootlegs.
But yeah, I would buy them as well if I ever came across them :p

I know that "Bergtagen" was released on cassette, but I don't know about the two others. If you look at the cover from "Galdersång..." it sure looks as if it's also cassette only. Therefore, I'm pretty sure those CD-copies that mysteriously have appeared are bootlegs.
But yeah, I would buy them as well if I ever came across them :p

this is what i've found searching the net, it also looks very nice:
099f_2.JPG

this is what i've found searching the net, it also looks very nice:
099f_2.JPG

Woh! I've never seen that before, but I agree it looks nice. Too nice to have been the official release back in -96 though. This is most definitly a bootleg. Still, I'd buy it without hesitation! :p

Woh! I've never seen that before, but I agree it looks nice. Too nice to have been the official release back in -96 though. This is most definitly a bootleg. Still, I'd buy it without hesitation! :p

and they are both digis from what i know.
i should start searching and checking ebay more often by now. i found this photo in the page of an ended ebay auction :cry:

I have very bad sight or the pic says "I Trollskogens Dommande Morker"? It looks great, but the album title is spelled wrong :rofl:

I doubt that bootleg has a better sound than the mp3 I have, unless Andreas is involved on it and those demos were remastered. If they are Digis, I would buy them anyway just for the packaging.

By the way, I downloaded some days ago a remastered version of Ulver - Vargnatt demo and it sounds Incredible compared with the original sound. I dunno if the Ulver guys are involved or not, but the results are amazing.

That is one great album, and the packaging looks amazing. Would I buy it? Maybe. I would like to, but I wonder what Mr.V thinks about this. If he is against this, then I will not. Just simply out of respect.

Svarthjärtad;8200698 said:
That is one great album, and the packaging looks amazing. Would I buy it? Maybe. I would like to, but I wonder what Mr.V thinks about this. If he is against this, then I will not. Just simply out of respect.

i was quite hesitating if it was right to post this on the forum or not, wondering if mr V knows about this.
the only reason why i decided to spread the news is that we are a sort of family and what unites us is the love for vintersorg's music.
so i tought it was right that everyone of us would know about the existence of those cds and feel free to buy them or not, everyone dealing with his own conscience.

speaking of me, i think i will buy the cds if i find them (even if i think it will be hard), and i don't think it's a lack of respect to mr V, i've nearly everything original of what he did, if i have some albums in mp3 is only because i wasn't able to find them anywhere, and if this seems to be the only possibility to have a cd-version of the albums, then i feel a little bit legittimated to buy them.
everyone of us, i'm sure, have hoped for soooo long time that napalm records would remaster the 3 demos, prayed and implored mr V to contribute for this to come...but this never happened (i'm not telling it was his fault )

@allfader: yes there's an error on the cover, a missing R

This is most likely an illegal bootleg, so no thanks. Whoever buys this and supports these parasites, fuck you!

That aside, I would still urge Mr. V to consider throwing an Otyg demo compilation together, clean it up a bit maybe and the fans will be happy.<3