Sagovindars Boning / Alvefard [Audio CD] Otyg

correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the demo tracks available (legally) on that fansite that went offline a while ago?
I forgot the name of the site, but there were all kinds of cool stuff on it, such as lyrics translations and live video footage. Too bad it's down though, hopefully the creator, someone from these forums, can bring it back!

As I've said (a couple of times before) that site wont be brought back again. Harddrive crashes, no backups and a deleted server account means that I have no other possibility other than to redo the whole site again and this is out of the question. Sorry.
As for the question whether the demos were online legally or not; The Trollskogen-site was never approved in any official way by Vintersorg, although it was linked from the (earlier) official site Vintersorganic.com. I know that Mr. V very well knew about the site and I got the impression that he was all for it. One has to remember that Otyg was (and is still) split-up and that basicly no one has any way in hearing these demos other than downloading them. They have never been released on any label either. My ONLY goal with the Trollskogen-site was ALWAYS to make more people attracted and to appreciate the music of Otyg and Vintersorg and I never, ever earned a damn nickle on the thing. And as I think that Mr. V knew all this, he didn't care about the demos being there.
Still, I wouldn't say that the demos were online legally, at least not in the official sense.

oh yes, now I remember that thing you said about the crashed hard drives and such. bummer! sad to see it go, especially when you consider that the official site, Vintersorganic, is now also gone..
I guess it's all about myspace these days.

Lefay, I've made an easy step-by-step guide for you, so you can have the Otyg demos without funding those fucking parasites.

1. Download demos.
  2. Burn onto CD.
  3. All done!

Benefits:
  • It's cheaper.
  • You don't have to send money to cunts who leech of other people's work.
  • You don't get a tacky, misspelled cover.

Tobz,
Do you know a boy in Copenhagen by the name of Casper. About 18 years. Exchange studen in USA.

Anyway, I get what you're saying. I am guilty of buying used copies. Infact, just today, I went to buy the new Black Label Society album(that just came out today!). I was going to buy the original copy, but somebody had bought and returned the special 2 disc edition used to the store. It was now just as much as the new original copies. I bought the used special edition. Hehe. Everything that was with it, was still in it.
It sounds illegal, but it isn't. The artists/management gets something still. Maybe not as much, but something. Maybe not on Ebay, but stores like FYE.

Lefay, I've made an easy step-by-step guide for you, so you can have the Otyg demos without funding those fucking parasites.

1. Download demos.
  2. Burn onto CD.
  3. All done!

Benefits:
  • It's cheaper.
  • You don't have to send money to cunts who leech of other people's work.
  • You don't get a tacky, misspelled cover.

:lol::lol::lol:

thank you so much!
surely i will try to download a better version of the ones i've because they are really miserable!

oh guys, you're fucking feeling me so guilty that at the end i'm not sure i will buy one copy of the album if i'll it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

in my opinion also used copies are illegal.
in my city they don't exist used cds shops, if you wanna buy a used cd then you'll buy it from a friend, or go to a used cd fair, and even if the cds sold there are all legal ( i mean with the SIAE stamp on it, SIAE is the organ that controls fakes and protect author's rights) no bands receive money from that.
maybe it's a little better than download only because at least for the fisrt selling the bands earn something from the selling.
but more or less, piracy have always existed. who hasn't had copied cassettes from friends in the past? it's the same guys!
here we a have a tax on virgin cds and cassettes, a tax instituted by the same organ who should protect artist's rights, isn't that a legalization of piracy? it's like they say: you buy an empty cassette or cd on which you will surely copy an album, so you pay us a percent we can give to the artist as a refund!?! :zombie:

Somewhere along the line, this is legal. Or else, they'd shut it down. Sometimes this is good though, in some ways. People bitch about how expensive CDs are and resolve to download illegally. With used copies, they are cheaper.
There are actually quite a few CDs that I bought used because I couldn't find them new anywhere else. The store around here, called F.Y.E., they only take them if they are in good condition. It is guaranteed to work. Also there is a store here called "Goodwill". If anything is illegal, this should be. People donate stuff to this store and they selll it. For CDs, they don't even add them into their computers or pay the people for donations, they just sell it. A cd, tape, vinyl is cheap as hell though. It's wrong in a way, but if it wern't for me buying them, it would go to waste.
I found Manicupal Waste, Abba, Scorpions, Uriah Heep, Darkthrone, and Black Sabbath. All originals and in pretty decent condition.

Besides, when you buy a CD you're money doesn't go to the band/managment. The store buys soo many copies, sends them to the chain stores, and what the store sells is their profit. If one store sells a cd for $12 and another $20, the store with the higher price would get more of a profit. Do you really think that the costs jumps around like that? I would say at an average CD costs about $5 - $7 for the stores to buy them, and then they sell them at their own price.
This is how USA works, I don't know about Italy.

Svarthjärtad;8213290 said:
Tobz,
Do you know a boy in Copenhagen by the name of Casper. About 18 years. Exchange studen in USA.

Nope, can't say that I do. Big city though :lol:

here we a have a tax on virgin cds and cassettes, a tax instituted by the same organ who should protect artist's rights, isn't that a legalization of piracy? it's like they say: you buy an empty cassette or cd on which you will surely copy an album, so you pay us a percent we can give to the artist as a refund!?! :zombie:

You're forgetting that there are a number of legal uses for recordable CD's and tapes as well; such as recording your own music, or making backup copies of original CD's. We normally run all our CD's through an MP3 converter and burn them down for use in the car. Better protection for the original, especially when we go to festivals and such.

I don't see the problem with buying used cds. The store/guy who sold it already paid the 'new cd prize', so for the label/artist that cd is done. Usually are cheaper than the new ones and sometimes the used ones are the only chance to get certain albums, like Ulver's Bergtatt - Kveldsjanger - Nattens Madrigal or Vintersorg's TF/ÖS digis.

The taxes for cds and dvds sucks. At least here there're no taxes for that, but the main chilean artist syndicate is trying to get aproved that shitty law. I'm already filling my room with virgin dvds :rofl:.

Now the use of recordable cds have diminished a lot here for the massive use of pendrives, mp3 player phones and such (I have an Ipod with 20gb capacity). I use cds and dvds just for movies (horror ones mainly) and backups for my original cds/dvds.

@Svart: I know the existence of a % for each cd/dvd who goes to the artist (is a VERY LOW %, but still exists). The same goes with the merchandising. Why do you think the most part of the artists are against piracy? simple: they lose some money with it.

Not all stores work in the same way. I know 2 ways:

1- The store buy the cds. they pay to the label/major distributor the whole cd prize, then they sell it on their desired prize.

2-The store works 'on concesión' (I dunno how is it on english). Is like to be a distributor. They get cds 'free' or a very lowered prize. When they sell a cd, a stablished % goes to the label/major distributor, the rest goes to the store.

The artist make money mainly for tours, but still is very important for some to sell cds, cause the labels wants money and if the artist doesn't sell so much, some make less promotion, poor distribution or just they kick it out.

Svarthjärtad;8215628 said:
. Also there is a store here called "Goodwill". If anything is illegal, this should be. People donate stuff to this store and they selll it.

Oh, let us not rag on Goodwill. They're good people.

Here's how these 'thrift' charity stores work in the US: they're nonprofits. The people who donate items to them get a tax writeoff. The charities who then sell the donated items funnel those monies back into the programs that they run. Goodwill, for example, runs a job training center, and often gives jobs and job coaching to the disabled, homeless, etc. When people donate those items, they know that it's just going to turn around and be sold.

Plus, shopping at Goodwill is often dirt cheap - I got a bookbag there just last weekend for $2! And a few weeks ago, I found red steel toed Docs.

Goodwill is awesome. Plus, with the music donated, the artist already got their royalty from the original purchase (as someone else pointed out).

Someday, I'll write about the awesomeness of Goodwill Outlet, where you can buy clothes by the pound. :zombie:

The store/guy who sold it already paid the 'new cd prize', so for the label/artist that cd is done.

Plus, with the music donated, the artist already got their royalty from the original purchase (as someone else pointed out).

Both valid points indeed, but consider this -> If buying/selling used cd's WAS illegal, then the second guy would have to buy an original as well, thus the artist/label get royalty from two cd's instead of just the one!

Now, I'm all for buying used cd's, films, games myself. Heck, I'm not a millionare, and even if I was many of the things I want are already out of production.
This was, for my part, only meant as some food for thought. I like speculating on such dilemmas sometimes, keeps the small grey ones at work...

Svarthjärtad;8217091 said:
I will always continue to buy used things, but I do think that USED products, some of the percent should go to the bands.

Yes, but how would that happen?

And what about books, magazines, etc? And clothes? Someone wrote that horrid low-fat cookbook from 1983, and someone put together that issue of National Geographic from June, 1954.

And who would be enough of a jerk to take money from a charity?