sales report

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
never ceases to amaze me how little established metal bands sell.
case in point is next weeks Billboard chart:

ARCH ENEMY – "Doomsday Machine": 12,000 (#87)
DOPE - "American Apathy": 9,000
NEVERMORE - "This Godless Endeavor": 5,000
A PERFECT MURDER - "Strength through Vengeance": 2,000
FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - "Dreams of Death": 600

Arch Enemy outselling Nevermore ... granted I don't give a rats ass about either band, it's just seems odd with all the poitive press on the Nevermore disc and their track record.

Flotsam ... well ... when will they just wrap it up already?

Awesome. I think Arch Enemy can now afford a seperate trailer for Angela now.

and i think that's in combined sales of their catalog .... i cannot fathom which CC release would have sold 100K alone ???

Cannibal Corpse has sold over a million records combined, so at least one of their albums had to have sold over 100,000 each, unless I forgot to carry the one or something.

lurch70 said:
Arch Enemy outselling Nevermore... granted I don't give a rats ass about either band, it's just seems odd with all the poitive press on the Nevermore disc and their track record.
Arch Enemy outselling Nevermore isn't an indication of quality, it's an indication of marketability. Hell, if you played the new Nevermore CD for the AE brothers, I bet they'd tell you the Nevermore disc is superior.

Zod

I have long been an F&J fan and thoroughly enjoyed each and every release. However, Dreams of Death just isn't up to par for them. They should've wrapped it up after My God and ended on a good note. However, 600 seems surprisingly low considering I got a copy at my local Media Play which doesn't stock all that much metal.

General Zod said:
Arch Enemy outselling Nevermore isn't an indication of quality, it's an indication of marketability. Hell, if you played the new Nevermore CD for the AE brothers, I bet they'd tell you the Nevermore disc is superior.

Zod

If Warrel had boobs, they'd surpass AE

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Deicide and Cannibal Corpse are the only two that come mind that have broken 100,000 I believe.

Morbid Angel, Carcass and Napalm Death have all broken 100k on individual albums before. One of the Napalm Death albums is around the 200,000 mark. Opeth did it on Blackwater Park too, I believe.

A couple of the Emperor albums are pushing the 150k+ mark. It's nothing compared to Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth. One of the Cradle albums is over the half million mark.

It'll be tough for a band to get those figures again though. Downloading mixed with a huge amount of product available is hitting sales in a big way.

a couple of candlemass's albums broke the 100,000 mark. nightfall and ancient dreams maybe? cant remember which.