Samael????

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
Does anyone know what the hell happened to Samael? I have not heard anything about them in a LONG time and can't find anything anywhere telling me if they broke up or not! I absolutely LOVE this band so if anyone could let me know I'd appreciate it. I saw them the last time they were in the states in Chicago with Dimmu Borgir in September of '99 and it's like they vanished not long after that!

Ok, heres the news, they got rid of their guitarist kaos, so that leaves just vorph and xytras, and supposedly they are working on a new album called Era One. This new album is supposedly in the same direction as Eternal. I think they are playing a festival in Europe, and supposed to be finding a newguitar player.

I know I really think Eternal, Passage, and Exodus, cemented Samael's place as the most talented and easily the best industrial/techno metal band.

Era One is a contractual fill to Century Media, NOT their "new original album". Ever since Eternal's release, Samael were stuck in a contract legal bind with Century Media, much like Devin Townsend with SYL, or The Gathering . Samael have been performing at some European festivals recently with a NEW guitar player, and will reemerge one day.
check www.samael.info for details (there' not much there yet, but eventually it will be filled.

Era One is supposed to be less a songy disc , and will only be a sonic keyboard blips kinda deal

I had no idea about Era One being a record to fulfill a contractual obligation - i was at their site a month ago and read about kaos- i read that about Era one on Century media's newsletter.

I hope those keyboard blips sound something like Static Journey and its reprise on the rebellion cd.

Hopefully they will put out a good full record when they sign on another record label.

Thanks for the info! I am just glad to hear that they didn't break up! Hopefully they get their new album out soon because they really are one of the best metal bands on the planet...As far as extreme metal goes they are second only to the mighty Opeth in my book!