Sampling a real Acoustic Drumkit

EachHit

ScytheBeast
Dec 21, 2013
Germany
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to sample a real Drumkit and use this for a Midi programmed Drumtrack later.

I have done some Sample Replacements and Enhancements but I am not sure how this would work when creating a Drumtrack just from Midi and Samples without any Library. I am familar with Superior Drummer, EZ Drummer and SSD4.

Maybe someone can give me some links or tips what I need to lear and to do to be able to create a Drumtrack just from my sampled Kit.

Heavy Greetz

There's a program called DrumGizmo that lets you create drumkits from your own samples. Unfortunately it's Win only so I haven't yet had a chance to try it out for myself to see how well it actually works. http://www.drumgizmo.org/wiki/doku.php?id=about

That looks interesting. Just viewed a few videos on YouTube and I may try that out when I found out how to create all the Samples needen for the DrumGizmo File.

I also was thinking if I couldn't sample my own Drumkit with Trigger 2 from Slate. But I guess there won't be an easy and time saving method for what I wanna do.

Heavy Greetz

You can use the Trigger Instrument Editor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVlJBWmqhKo

I use the Trigger Instrument Editior all the Time for layering my Original Snare with own recorded Samples. But mostly only with a few Hard Hits.
Never tried it with Tons of different Velocities.
Maybe I should try that but I haven't really found any good Tutorials where it's explained how to make Use of Trigger 2 and the Instrument Editior in a way so that you could use it like Superior Drummer 2 or SSD4 for Example.

Heavy Greetz

This is very inefficient, but hypothetically I think what you could do is create your own mutlisamples with Trigger Instrument Editor.

Then, with some drum sampler, just program a midi part, but then replace 100% the snare, toms, and kicks with your own samples with Trigger?

Is this what you want to do?

This is very inefficient, but hypothetically I think what you could do is create your own mutlisamples with Trigger Instrument Editor.

Then, with some drum sampler, just program a midi part, but then replace 100% the snare, toms, and kicks with your own samples with Trigger?

Is this what you want to do?

What I may wanna do is to be able to use my whole Drumkit kinda like Superior Drummer. But I guess that is way to complex to Sample all that Stuff sample it later on with Slate Trigger after using the Instrument Editor from Slate. I am often using Snare, Kick and Tom Samples with Trigger.

It would be cool if you could create your own Superior Kits thou. But I guess it is a hell lotta work to cut all the needed samples.

Heavy Greetz