San Diego - Canes - Friday Aug 21st....greatg show!

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
Heh....I know I say just about the same things after every show but, damnit...it's true...lol!

Went to the show tonight with my friends Sharon, Dave, Nicko, and Julie...and we had a really good time watching Damage Inc, the Metallica cover band. I know I'll piss off a couple of Metallica lovers here, but DAAAAMMMNN....I'm not sure these guys aren't BETTER than the real thing. They laid down a show that dared the Maidens to top it.....Not to worry, though....our ladies were MORE than up to the task.

I'm not sure I can give a good reason why, but I seemed to really enjoy this show more than any other one I can remember. It was terrific and everyone was on fire...and the crowd was REALLLLY pumped for the show. I say this everytime...but it's true everytime...Courtney shreds...absolutely amazing...Wanda....man I love watching those fingers fly across the bass...Linda seemed to be enjoying herself a LOT tonight....smiling a LOT and playing the hell out of those drums... Kirsten has an amazing voice and her increasing confidence on the stage is really showing....and Sarah...my favorite.....my dear you were on FIRE tonight. I tried to put the fire out with that white towel, but to no avail....and thank you for the pick you put in my hand!

Oh....for the new girls that don't know me, I was the bald heavy guy right up against the stage in the center....sweating all over everything....LOL!

Setlist....not guaranteed to be 100% accurate...

Aces High
2MTM
The Prisoner
Wasted Years
Moonchild
The Trooper
Losfer Words
Powerslave
ROTAM
TNOTB
CSIT
POTO
Iron Maiden

Ok....must be time to wrap this up....fell asleep while looking at something...lol. Thanks ladies...fora great show!

Excellent review and yes Damage Inc are FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so, so impressed when I saw them. :kickass:

P.s. You always spell Sara's name wrong. :lol: She doesn't have an H in her name. ;)

Well...umm...I do that on purpose....err...yeah. See...it's cause she's so smokin' hot up there, that there should be an H at the end of her name to show it. :D

Damnit, she was on fire last night...and might I add it was obvious she was having a hell of a time!

Kahn, you funny guy! Hey, thanks for being at Cane's and I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself last night!!! What a great time!! The monitor mix was excellent so the set was a breeze to enjoy playing! It seemed to go by rather quickly!!!! :headbang:I'm really glad people are noticing the difference on stage with the band. We are enjoying the change immensly!!! :kickass:

Some Damage Inc for Jenna:

Damage8-21-09_073.jpg

Damage8-21-09_009.jpg

Damage8-21-09_011.jpg

Damage8-21-09_056.jpg

Linda & Courtney for 'Seek and Destroy'

Damage8-21-09_027.jpg

Some riff raff at the show

More pics of Damage Inc's set: Damage Inc. @ Cane's August 21, 2009

Set list:

Enter Sandman
Creeping Death
Shortest Straw
Fade to Black
Master of Puppets
One
Seek and Destroy
Battery

After seeing y'all back in Santee almost a month ago, I've told myself that even if I don't end up movin back to Cali (I'll know yay or nay early to mid september) that I gotta vacation more often, and I gotta not wait another almost two tears before seeing another Maidens show.
Thanks for the pics, Paul, which give me such great nostalgia!!

As I love Maiden and Metallica and Maidens and Damage Inc.
please Maidens bring Damage Inc. more often. Once a year
is not enough. The combination was magical again.

It was great to see and talk to you Knight brothers.
I think I heard Staw before but I might be mistaken (it could been
from Creeping Death (the band) ) I was so hungry for DM songs but
since there was a substitute drummer the set was all classics .
A set with Creep and Master, the best 2 live songs ever of Metallica,
can't be less than great.

During Seek Linda and Courtney joined Damage Inc. and it was so
memorable. To hear Courtney being a Metallica fan made me
happy.

The crowd was better than usual. It was nice to see friends like
Chris(Khan), Sharon and Nicko. During Aces High there was even
some pushing.

Moonchild, SIT , Rime (it was great to hear last 2 from Kristen
first time and also her refugee outfit a la Bruce was so cool) and
my all time personal best live song choice Phantom were the
highlights. Also 666 was great with participation.

I've been seeing Maidens since 2002 and after all these shows, first
time ever I got to sing along harmonies with Sara. It was so
special and amazing for me. Thank you Sara! There's nothing like
sharing the spirit.

It was a great night with 2 great bands. I can't wait for the next
time(s).

Well...umm...I do that on purpose....err...yeah. See...it's cause she's so smokin' hot up there, that there should be an H at the end of her name to show it. :D

Damnit, she was on fire last night...and might I add it was obvious she was having a hell of a time!

i dare you all to have more fun than me :heh: and khan - lovely addition to my name thank you :worship:

This was my first time seeing the Iron Maidens, and I was really impressed. They handled Maiden's material with great skill, and are probably more like 80s Maiden than Maiden itself. I loved the focus on the 80s songs, including several that Maiden rarely if ever plays. I also appreciated all the Maiden props - more than one Eddie, Powerslave mask, Trooper flags, costumes, etc. Overall, it was a blast. I plan to come back and bring friends.

Puckfiend, thanks also for the pics. Much better than my cell phone ones. I made the attached out of my favorite of your pics + Charlotte. Hope you don't mind me sharing.