San Francisco 1.27.07 Setlist

battery2damage

New Metal Member
Jan 28, 2007
Last nights show was stellar. The boys looked like they were having fun and shredding. It's good to see Skol back on Lead again:headbang: And I must say, Nick was almost spot on last night. He was hitting all the fills and kicking ass. However, I did see Skol look back a coupla times as there was a slight mistake here and there on lead ins or endings. There were a lot of shout outs from Chuck to people who came out to see the show incuding Zetro. Man the pit was seriously deadly last night too. There were a coupla guys and girls getting thrashed. It was funny, the crowd wanted Sins to be played and Skol was ready for it and he said "Just let me know and I'm on it." They also wanted Reign but I don't think Nick knows those songs yet. Maybe next time around. All in all, a definite great show and I', glad I made the journey to see it. Oh yeah the show was SOLD OUT!!!!! :headbang:

Here was the setlist from last nights show.

The Preacher
New Order
The Haunting
Electric Crown
Trial by Fire
DNR
Three Days
True Believer
Practice What You Preach
The Legacy
Into the Pit
Over the Wall
Alone in the Dark
Disciples of the Watch
Burnt Offerings

thanks for posting. they seriously need to update the setlist more often and drummer changes shouldn't be any excuse. they've written so many great and different songs and they just keep playing what they think are classics and when some minor changes occur they're all within a certain core of about 25 songs. anything from beyond this set is very rare and is always a great surprise (like Let go of my World or Raging Waters)...on the other hand, maybe that's why their shows are so good and tight- because they've managed to perfect the songs through the years :)

I agree with you, High Priest.
I'm sure every Testament fan has his or her share of favorite songs that they've never seen the band perform or even heard of the band performing them.

Although it was pretty cool that they included some songs from TG in the set, I'd love to hear some of these live or on a live recording some day:

Falling Fast
Troubled Dreams
As The Seasons Grey
Chasing Fear
Face In The sky
Perilous Nation
Seven Days Of May (Did they actually play this on the reunion tour?)

Actually Let Go Of My World would have been on that list hadn't it been for Live In London!

Perilous Nation is one of Testament's best songs ever. So many great songs on that album such as Time is Coming, Envy Life, Blessed in Comtempt, etc. This has got to be the most exciting time for the band and fans in a long time. The band is tighter and heavier than ever and now they got a committed drummer who is one of the best in the business.

I remember seeing Nick Barker live in Montreal when Dimmu co-headlined with Cannibal Corpse and I almost came in my pants watching him on the drums.

Nick is a fuckin machine!

:kickass:

NielsK, you just named some of the songs I would like to see live the most. Of course, the list could go on and on, but these would make a great start.
As for Seven Days of May- no, they didn't play it even though Eric had said they probably would.
Anyway, I can't wait to see them in March to judge whether Nick is as brilliant as everybody tells me

The show was badass I flew from Denver to see them and it was a total nerdgasm to here D.N.R ,Three Days Of Darkness and True Believer live along with all the other kick ass old school song.Man Nick really tore it up also I cant wait to see what they come up with in the studio for the new CD.

I would love it if they did apocalyptic city it sounds awesome on live at the filmore and also i have never heard them play malpractice live,i love that beginning.thanx for the post wish i could have there!

Live at Fillmore is the best live ever...,speaking of it.I wish they would have filmed it.

I saw the band in Montreal, the bass player was saying it was their 1st time playing DNR....why? He wasn't in the band when this tune was written...

Cool to see the classic lineup (almost) playing Gathering stuff!

BTW if any Testament member reads this. I always thought it would be cool to hear Down for Life with some cool Skolnick-fills during the midsection :kickass: