San Francisco- here I come

soon, young grasshopper :)
I do miss you, your bro and your awesome folks..and Kassidy :)

Lesa I wish you would take Izabel's offer for the weekend when I'm there!!

How far is Ukiah from SF?

Only aboot 2 hours? It's more if you hit Petaluma traffic during rush hour..

I might be able to visit when you're here - I know I have some respite work to do around then, though :erk:

Oh man I got stuck in Petaluma traffic on my way to Santa Rosa this weekend. Who thought it would be a good idea to only put two lanes on a major highway?!

Anyway Lesa, you should come down here and not the other way around. I go up thataways all too often as it is.

Oh man I got stuck in Petaluma traffic on my way to Santa Rosa this weekend. Who thought it would be a good idea to only put two lanes on a major highway?!

Anyway Lesa, you should come down here and not the other way around. I go up thataways all too often as it is.

Yeah, Petaluma can suck it. Thats why I try not to hit it anytime during rush hour. Also people can't drive on that stretch of highway and commonly get into accidents. Santa Rosa is only like 45 min away from Ukiah. Also Ukiah is awesome.

My liver is ready.

That's what you think.

fernet-branca1.jpg

so, can I have it? now? now? what about now? so, can I have it? now? now? what about now? so, can I have it? now? now?
what about now? so, can I have it? now? now? what about now? so, can I have it? now? now? what about now? so, can I have it? now?
now? what about now? so, can I have it? now? now? what about now?

So I'm pretty much positive I'm gonna take the train and not fly. Sounds more fun, plus I hate flying more and more every time I do it. However, as I'm checking out tickets and what-not, I see that it appears there are numerous train stations in SF that I could get off at. Does anyone know which would be the best one to stop at? I'm bringing my longboard with me and I plan to use that as transportation as much as possible, so I'd like to be close to everything that'll be going on. Brooks, is there any train station near that area you told me took for a hotel?

edit: the SF train stations I see listed are:

- Caltran Peninsula Line
- Civic Center
- Ferry Building
- Financial District
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Howard and Beale streets
- Moscone Center
- Shopping Center

I would scope out the hostels in the Civic Center/Tenderloin area. Downtown SF, close to everything (or just a BART ride away), though it can be a little gritty. You'll be fine. (and it's close to Karen's hotel! ;) )

Stay away from Caltran and Fisherman's Wharf. I wish I could recommend you somewhere specific, but I've no experience hotels in SF.

The Mission is the cool place to be, fwiw. That's where the action is, but like I said, that's just a BART ride away.

And everyone's welcome to my couch.