Sanding a guitar

jangoux

May 9, 2006
So guys, the Edwards I bought 5 months ago finally arrived and it is awesome, probably the best guitar I have (I also have a Gibson SG, a Cort M600 and my wife has a Ibanez ´lawsuit´ Tele Custom). Light mahogany body, ebony fretboard, gotoh hardware, pure awesomeness. Anyway, it came unfinished, just with some leveling stuff. I wanted to remove this leveling crap (to leave it natural and tru-oil it) and started doing it but it turns out the guy put it in there because some parts are REALLY uneven to the point a good deal of sanding is needed to leave it good. But sanding this much is really difficult to make it really even and good without any up and down spots.

So, guys, do you have any good tips to sand (a Les Paul with carvings and stuff).

Thanks
Ivan

eheheh dont have it here, man. I swear if I had a quality one, I wouldnt be asking it here :) Just a bunch of 20yo that play around with guitars. The 'best' one here has a nice fame of stealing parts, and not working well if you arent a buddy, dont pay him snacks and stuff.