Stinnett "SS" prototype

STINNETT

Bad / Nationwide
Dec 12, 2005
USA
www.stinnettguitars.com
I have a few builds going on for forum members which I will probably be posting up here pretty soon - but my next commitment is a guitar I agreed to build for a charity raffle at a small music festival that I attend every year here in Kentucky. I decided to take that opportunity to build the first prototype of my SS shape and inline headstock.

It has an alder body, 5 piece maple & walnut set neck, ziricote fretboard, 24 jumbo frets, Sperzel & Hipshot hardware, and a Seymour Duncan Custom 5 bridge / Jazz neck.

It's not fancy at all this time around, but it should be one rocking sumbitch.

The pics below are where I am today. I just have to do the final sanding and apply the finish. Nothing fancy there.

IMG_1015Large.jpg

IMG_1017Large.jpg

IMG_1024Large.jpg

IMG_1019Large.jpg

Before anyone asks, you must be present for the raffle - but if anyone will be near Kentucky on July the 11th and wants the details, let me know.

:)

Gorgeous looking build. Curious, why the short tenon?

I'm not sure what you mean. I'd say it's actually a pretty long tenon, certainly longer than most. If it were much longer it would break out in between the pickups, and it certainly doesn't need to be any larger for strength or stability purposes.