Emdprodukt's Stinnett guitar

STINNETT

Bad / Nationwide
Dec 12, 2005
USA
www.stinnettguitars.com
I'm going to be rocking and rolling on this one over the coming weeks.

This is going to be a neck thru custom body shape, single EMG 81 w/18V, Hipshot Hardtail, with a custom SPACE INVADERS inlay and some old school arcade style killswitch action.

Here's a pic showing the body shape (a template), which is a custom shape just for Olli, a little more traditional superstrat than my standard shape.

Also behind it is the neck blank, in this case 5 pieces:
hard maple / wenge / curly maple / wenge / hard maple

100_3088Medium.jpg

And in the works right now is the inlay, when it's finished it should look a lot like this 3D model that I created as a design, but with white binding:

space-invadersMedium.jpg

More pics soon.

You must be banned! Everytime I open your threads I'll suffer from GAS attacks ... :cry::cry:

SPACE INVADERS is a great idea, can't wait for the final result. Emd, you are lucky!

Is it your hobby or job?
How long does it take you manufacturing one guitar?
How did you learnt?

You must be banned! Everytime I open your threads I'll suffer from GAS attacks ... :cry::cry:

SPACE INVADERS is a great idea, can't wait for the final result. Emd, you are lucky!

Is it your hobby or job?
How did you learnt?

Agreed. All those in favour, we must see off stinnett before he costs us all thousands :lol:

Is it your hobby or job?
How did you learnt?

It's not my job, I have a full time day job, which is often much more than full time - so sometimes my time for guitars is limited.

I've been a bit overwhelmed with the workload for the past several months, but I'm starting to settle into a better system and my shop is outfitted much better now. If I have no waiting list, a 10 week turnaround is pretty realistic. Right now I have a pretty good waiting list so more like 6 months.

I taught myself about building. I've been assembling guitars from parts and tinkering with them for 10-12 years, doing set-ups, etc. I started building in 2003, but didn't really dive into it whole-heartedly until 2008 when I turned my garage into a workshop and decided to get serious.
I have a background in design and engineering, so a lot of things about building came naturally to me.

killer, someday I'll try to build my own snare and modify it till it sounds exactly as I want.

In fact I started playing drums with self made parts. I even made my own kick pedal!! I think of this now and I can't remember how I managed to but it worked actually, wish I had pics but it was more than 20 years ago

ahh this is turning out to be another classic guitar Will!!

digging those inlays, i wouldnt have em on a custom guitar, but i think its gnna look wicked!

I'm a old school gamer. got my own arcade cabinet in my room. so the connection is pretty good :)

never thought so many of you like the idea :)