Stinnett Guitars first "production run"

Oh damn...dude. If you would have posted this two months ago, I would have jumped all over this instead of buying my hellraiser. I love your guitars.

WOW!

thumbs_up.jpg

Hmmm <scratching chin>, how can I convince my Chief Financial Officer (my wife) to let me buy yet another guitar. :lol: Seriously, you've got me thinking of selling my new hellraiser so I can buy this. That price (and quality) is soooo hard to pass up.

any chance you could make one with a tremolo? FR or other? if so, i might be able to convince my guitarist away from the schecter blackjack...

Anyone want to give a good explanation of fretboard radius to me? I see yours is 16". Most guitars I see are 12". What difference does it make?

-Joe

A larger number indicates a flatter board.

Imagine a circle of 12" radius - if you were to cut out a small section and observe its curvature, it would have the same shape as a fretboard with 12" radius.

Alternatively, if you were to take the curve of your fretboard and continue it you'd eventually have a circle (the radius of this circle is larger when the board is flatter) - the radius of the fretboard could be seen as the distance from the fretboard to the center of the circle passing through it.

Jeff

Yes, and for practical purposes - a smaller radius is nice for chording because your hand wraps around it a little more comfortably (like an old Fender) but with string bending and such, the strings will "fret out", or contact the higher frets as you bend it across the neck.

Flatter boards keep you from having that problem and allow a lower action if you want it.

12" is pretty Typical, smaller for Fender, and larger for Ibanez, Jackson, stuff like that. I believe some Ibanez guitars are closer to an 18" radius.

By the way, if somebody wants a different radius, I'm equipped to do 12, 16, or 20". I may pick up some more blocks to do 14 and 18 also, but I can't be asked to make 'em any smaller than 12 because I fear I won't be able to set them up the way I'd want to.

But 16 will be standard, if you want something different, you'll have to get with me and put some money down on a custom build. (The price will be the same though.)

Hmmm <scratching chin>, how can I convince my Chief Financial Officer (my wife) to let me buy yet another guitar. :lol: Seriously, you've got me thinking of selling my new hellraiser so I can buy this. That price (and quality) is soooo hard to pass up.

DEW IT!!!!!! :D

By the way, if somebody wants a different radius, I'm equipped to do 12, 16, or 20". I may pick up some more blocks to do 14 and 18 also, but I can't be asked to make 'em any smaller than 12 because I fear I won't be able to set them up the way I'd want to.

But 16 will be standard, if you want something different, you'll have to get with me and put some money down on a custom build. (The price will be the same though.)

all this info got me thinking about what sort of profile you are putting on the neck... is it going to be like a wizard neck (flat), a strat neck (soft C shape), gibson (hard C shape)... ?

all this info got me thinking about what sort of profile you are putting on the neck... is it going to be like a wizard neck (flat), a strat neck (soft C shape), gibson (hard C shape)... ?

Well, I'd say somewhere in between a Fender C and a Wizard. Not as round as a Fender, and not as flat as a wizard. Definitely closer to the wizard thickness, but not quite as thin. About 0.770 at the first fret, and about 0.870 at the 12th.

I've been thinking of adding carbon fiber rods so that the thinner necks would have a little more stability if they were subjected to a lot of crazy humidity changes.

Well, I'd say somewhere in between a Fender C and a Wizard. Not as round as a Fender, and not as flat as a wizard. Definitely closer to the wizard thickness, but not quite as thin. About 0.770 at the first fret, and about 0.870 at the 12th.

I've been thinking of adding carbon fiber rods so that the thinner necks would have a little more stability if they were subjected to a lot of crazy humidity changes.

"I don't know what the fuck you jus said little man... but you special..."

anyway... i think you answered my question properly... but I just don't know enough about what those number mean to know if i'll like it... :loco:

You'll figure out what you like, the radius measurement is more for the purpose of having a standard description... not too many people fondle room-size circles to figure out what they want their necks to feel like, as far as I can tell...

Jeff