Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

YES!! It's finally going to happen. There's going to be some kind of all star line-up bringing back all former members from what I've heard, a live DVD- the works.

Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.

Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

He said something about out of respect to the fans he wasn't calling his new band Savatage.

How about respect to his BAND that he not call JOP Savatage?

That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.

Messed up if you ask me but I am still out of my mnd excited at the prospect of getting to see Savatage one last time.

Sorry, is this an exclusive EG board or is it for EG fans who have an interest in other bands as well?

soe boards have Other Music sections.

If so, please direct me so I don't offend yourr delicate sensibilities.

And I'll be sure not to talk about Tommy and the boys on the OTHER boards.

Yeesh.

:erk:

i agree with you guys. this has nothing to do with EG or on the EG board. as for the caffery macaluso post as well.

All right already, stop crawling up my ass about it and tell me if there's a link for Evergrey fans that have an attention span that allows them to talk about other bands!!

Rozenrot said:
I have never heard of this band
Shame on you, sir! Seriously though, I highly recommend this band to everyone, especially albums like Streets, Hall Of The Mountain King, Dead Winter Dead, and Poets And Madmen.

Seriously, is there a mod here, is this an Evergrey forum only?

I don['t want to piss anyone off but if this is a general forum, can i get an ook to post on other bands or what?

Savatage was a great band that has been pretty much put to rest save for this possible tour...

As long as it pertains to music that Evergrey fans enjoy and the offtopic stuff doesn't get out of hand, I leave the threads alone.

Cool!

I feel like I've been taking a beating for some of the off-topic stuff I ost, didn't want to be out of line.

Shame on you, sir! Seriously though, I highly recommend this band to everyone, especially albums like Streets, Hall Of The Mountain King, Dead Winter Dead, and Poets And Madmen.

Don't forget Handful of Rain and The Wake of Magellan, though Dead Winter Dead is my favorite CD (obviously).

Damn, I was disappointed to read the news on the Savatage site only to find out there was not going to be a new CD coming out. I do love all of the releases they have out, from Sirens to Poets and Madmen, even through all of their line-up changes. Damn, it sucks to think that I started listening to them after Criss Oliva had died.