Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

YES!! It's finally going to happen. There's going to be some kind of all star line-up bringing back all former members from what I've heard, a live DVD- the works.

Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.

Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

He said something about out of respect to the fans he wasn't calling his new band Savatage.

How about respect to his BAND that he not call JOP Savatage?

That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.

Messed up if you ask me but I am still out of my mnd excited at the prospect of getting to see Savatage one last time.

coolsnow7 said:
Savatage was never good to begin with, I'm hapy to hear they're over.

You friggin' RETARD, you can't even spll, what do you know?

And as far as this being the wrong forum it's non-Opeth music chat so flip off buddy.

savabich2 said:
And as far as this being the wrong forum it's non-Opeth music chat so flip off buddy.
you posted it in the main forum dipshit. Samsara moved it here for your retarded ass

try not to be completely oblivious

Savatage is an awesome band with Criss Oliva. Sucks that he died and the music world never really acknowledged him for how awesome of a guitar player he was. Without him, they still put out some good tunes over the years. The lyrics and dynamics were always very good but that awesome guitar style is gone. Well, good to hear they'll have one last shebang. I've been waiting for them to tour again for a long time so this'll be one to watch.

savabich2 said:

Brilliant. Of course, a typo means my opinion is meaningless. Figures you like current Savatage, being retarded. As everyone else said, Savatage was decent with Chris Oliva, then he died. So please, stfu.

they have some fine albums out there:

Dead Winter Dead, Handful Of Rain, Streets, Gutter Ballet, Edge Of Thorns

i was not that impressed with their last two ones though...

Gutter Ballet is still a pretty good album, and Criss Oliva's work on their is excellent. Jon Oliva's voice was always a bit grating, but he was definitely an adventurous songwriter.

Hypnos said:
they have some fine albums out there:

Dead Winter Dead, Handful Of Rain, Streets, Gutter Ballet, Edge Of Thorns

i was not that impressed with their last two ones though...
agreed. also for the record, Jon Oliva IS Savatage.

coolsnow7 said:
savabich2 said:
QUOTE]

Brilliant. Of course, a typo means my opinion is meaningless. Figures you like current Savatage, being retarded. As everyone else said, Savatage was decent with Chris Oliva, then he died. So please, stfu.

What?

YOU are the retarded one.

Whatever, I just said that I likeall eras of Savatage and recognize they are a completely different band than they once were, doesn't mean it's not good.

:Smug:

A great band.They made classical albums like Hall of the mountain king,gutter ballet,streets.They effected a lot of heavy metal band.If you want to know them listen Gutter Ballet.It is one of the greatest heavy metal songs.Cris oliva's solos are great and jon oliva's vocal...