Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

savabich2 said:
Glen, lol?

crickets***

hey, did any one here see the Savatage Convention in '99?http://www.sixminutecentury.com/audio.html

I was going through some old pix and got to feeling nostalgic, brought back good memories of local favs like Zandelle, October Thorns and Gothick Knights.

Anyone else remember these guys? Friggin' L'Amours closing ruined the whole scene for me.

Yup - I was there. Got my pic with me between Jon Oliva and Paul O'Neill. Watched Dave Z get discovered (bass player in TSO east) and watched my fav local guitar player do a solo in front of the Mt. King and Caffery. Jon told him later he reminded him of Criss. You can hear the solo at http://www.sixminutecentury.com/audio.html - "Guitar Concerto"

That was one of the GREATEST dayz of my life - hearing all the stories and Jon just sitting down and playing "BELIEVE" for the hell of it. That was sooooo worth the $$.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

Who is your guitar player buddy?

The dude from Thorns?

he took First place didn't he or was that Dave Z? I mean the whole band SWEPT the talent competition, it was unreal.

savabich2 said:
Who is your guitar player buddy?

The dude from Thorns?

he took First place didn't he or was that Dave Z? I mean the whole band SWEPT the talent competition, it was unreal.
His name is Don LaFon and he is from Houston. He played in a band called Mystic Cross at the time but plays for Six Minute Century now. I am pretty sure Dave Z took 1st ......

I have an awful memory though. We have it all on video - HAHA! I'll have to dig that out.

Curufin said:
Sweet, another savabich2 thread copy-and-pasted to as many forums as possible!

Dude go frig yourself!!

So what if I post the smae thread on all the forums i vist?

I alwasy come back and reply something different and unique ot the place I am in, responding personally to barbarians such as yourself.

savabich2 said:
Dude go frig yourself!!

I alwasy come back and reply something different and unique ot the place I am in, responding personally to barbarians such as yourself.

Funniest Post of the Week! :worship:

savabich2 said:
Dude go frig yourself!!

Savabich2, you can post as many threads as you want about our boys! :worship: :kickass: :headbang:

AngraRULES said:
I'll fly anywhere to see this anniversary show that Chris Caffery was talking about... And I mean ANYWHERE!

I have Faith in Glenn to give us that show at PP, it would be awesome that they would film that reunion dvd at PP!!! IMO :kickass:

savabich2 said:
Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

YES!! It's finally going to happen. There's going to be some kind of all star line-up bringing back all former members from what I've heard, a live DVD- the works.

Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.

Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

He said something about out of respect to the fans he wasn't calling his new band Savatage.

How about respect to his BAND that he not call JOP Savatage?

That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.

Messed up if you ask me but I am still out of my mnd excited at the prospect of getting to see Savatage one last time.

I am saddened by this. I wish to be held.