Savatage Dumps Frost

SAVAfan

New Metal Member
Mar 31, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
DAMN, I just read on another message board that savatage dumped Jack Frost in order to take back Pitrelli. I know Frost was only in tage for about a year, but from everything that I saw and read, he was a pretty loyal guy who seemed to really enjoy being in that band, and from what i can remember about Pitrelli's departure, it seems to me that it was a bit contentious to say the least.
DAMN, Im a really big savatage fan, as u can tell by my name, but am I the only one who is a bit more than a little disappointed with these guys? :confused: :(

My opinion: Frost got Hosed, I have lost a bit of respect for savatage.........can I change my name???

Eh, I feel bad for Frost, sure. He was pretty cool in concert, yes. But I never felt completely convinced that he was a permanent fixture of the band. That, combined with the fact that Al is one of my favorite guitarists ever, means that I'm really pretty excited about this rumour...

-matt

The best thing that happened for Al is Megadeth splitting up. You have to admit, Al was a much better musician for Savatage - especially compared to that last atrocious Megadeth album, The World needs a Hero.

I feel bad for Frost, but Savatage fans will be better off in the long run with Al back in.

He'll probably be able to contribute more to the next Trans Siberian too now.

I feel a bit of sympathy for Jack Frost after reading a post on his official website, he was said that Savatage lied to him as well as led him on to believe he would participate in the next album and tour and then they dumped him for their "boy", but i feel that Savatage is definitely a stronger unti with Al on guitar. I wouldn't be surprised if the new singer gets dumped on as well...there was something about seeing them perform that gave the impression of a detachment from the rest of the band, as if they were there going crazy, yet not assuredly "in". Not that i'm complaining about the new vocalist, because he can do what Zach Stevens did as well as decently mimic what Oliva did on the old albums...so it sounds good, but i'm not sure what to take for a steadfast lineup...either way, i'll support Savatage through everything