SAVATAGE

Dick Sirloin

please... stay safe
Jan 6, 2004
So, if you would have known me back in 10th grade (aside from being a much more complete human being) and asked "Hey Dick, who is the best band to ever walk the face of the earth?" I probably would have said "IRON MAIDEN!" and kicked you in the cods. But on some days I would have said "Fuckin SAVATAGE!" and pulled out my wang (but it was probably already out, considering so many girls wanted to play with it back in the day...).

I don't listen to them all that much anymore, but every time I do it's a like "Whoa!" trip through memory lane. I love nearly all their albums. Other than Ulver, I can't think of a more diverse band at the moment.

CRISS OLIVA = guitar god.

My rankings (not incl. live ones):

edfgeofthorns.gif

1) Edge of Thorns
2) Gutter Ballet
3) The Dungeons Are Calling
4) Hall of the Mountain King
5) The Wake of Magellan
6) Handful of Rain
7) Streets
8) Sirens
9) Dead Winter Dead
10) Power of the Night
11) Fight For the Rock
12) Poets and Madmen

Favorite alltime tracks: "Not What You See"; "Edge of Thorns"; "Strange Wings"; "By the Grace of the Witch"; "Morning Sun"; "Gutter Ballet"

PS: What other band can proclaim the membership of Criss Oliva, Alek Skolnik and Al Pitrelli?!?

I just wish the Zak Stevens/Criss Oliva combo could have made more albums. Then Criss had to go and die, that bastard.

GrumpyDwarf said:
You also have Streets WAY too far down.

It never turned me on in the gay way... not to say that it isn't entirely wonderful... Fuckin "Ghost in the Ruins"!!! heartheart

GrumpyDwarf said:
Turn in your metal card at the door pls k thx
i already turned it in the other day after my led zep comment. i think im on borrowed time here.

Erik said:
DO YOU FEEL YOU'RE CAPTURED

BY!

THE GRACE OF THE WITCH?

Man, that album is so fucking metal...

A CITY BENEATH THE SURFACE ABOVE!
HOW YOU SURVIVE ON EVIL AND BLOOD!

DO YOU HEAR THE HOUNDS, THEY CALL!
SCAN THE DARK, EYES AGLOW!

Did Savatage break up or something? I have heard NOTHING from their camp for quite some time now...

so when I bought used LPs of Genesis-Foxtrot & Savatage-Hall of the Mountain King, I was unwittingly making some kind of Sirloin-inspired purchase?

never listened to either one btw