SAVATAGE

"Hall Of The Mountain King" is the best. This, and the first 2, are my favourite Savatage albums, but i like all their albums, more or less (except "Fight For The Rock, which i totally hate).

Demilich said:
so when I bought used LPs of Genesis-Foxtrot & Savatage-Hall of the Mountain King, I was unwittingly making some kind of Sirloin-inspired purchase?

Not only that, you just became my favorite person here!

lizard said:
do they have a Century Media Secret Santa gift exchange?

"here's a lovely cast iron upside down crucifix."

"gee, thx!"

:lol: no...but they had a raffle for stuff, i think. i really wasn't paying attention

lizard said:
the whole album

and speaking of nevermore, will they ever, ever break out of this US perennial opening act status.

They did do a headlining tour back in 2001, with Opeth of all people as one of the supports...I'm sure they will eventually do another top-billed tour, though it will probably cost them more than they end up earning...
As for Savatage, always hated those guys.

well I mean, a one-off headline gig is one thing...it just seems like they've gotten to a certain level and more or less hit their ceiling. Big in europe, so we don't need to cry for them, they're making money, but this brings us back around to the problem with the metal scene in the US. I'm heartened to see things like Progpower, and the hopefully continuing Heathen thing, but the sad fact is that outside NYC, a major metal show consists of a package of bands, because it seems one cannot cut it alone. When Poison and Motley Crue are the big metal draws, it certainly shows that something is wrong. And don't get me wrong, Crue did some good stuff ~ for their time. and I'm sure they're entertaining live...but they're so 80s.

Yesterday was the first time I had ever heard this band, after years of being a fan of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. There are no proper emoticons for what I felt upon hearing Hall of the Mountain King. So god damn good.

I highly recommend checking out Gutter Ballet and working your way through the Zak Stevens era albums. I was listening to Edge of Thorns and Dead Winter Dead (which is basically the genesis of TSO) and holy fuck.

NAD:

84_the_dungeons_are_calling.jpg

DO IT

Yesterday was the first time I had ever heard this band, after years of being a fan of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. There are no proper emoticons for what I felt upon hearing Hall of the Mountain King. So god damn good.
Mountain King and Crown of Thorns are my two favorites by this band. Both are 10/10 albums and VASTLY different from one another.

Mountain King and Crown of Thorns are my two favorites by this band. Both are 10/10 albums and VASTLY different from one another.

Edge of Thorns *cough* but agreed, stellar album. Who the fuck am I kidding? I own them all. The only one I don't like is the last, Poets and Madmen. I even love Fight for the Rock

i like savatage, but its never been omg classic buy or die. that being said, tso concert i saw was awesome. but their albums annoy the piss out of me

i have gutter ballet, streets, and power of the night for sale if anyone wants them, all 1press l@@k burzum OOP rare

Every time I see a Savatage thread I feel like i'm missing something, then I listen to their albums and realize i'm not haha