Saw Manticora last Friday

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Hello people,

just wanted to say that I saw Manticora last Friday opening up for Angra here in Barcelona. They put up a very good show with lots of energy, with the only downside being the sound which, although not bad, could have been better. They played for 40 minutes or so and covered mostly songs off their last album, although they also played a couple off their first two. Overall, I have to say that they did a good job and the singer showed a lot of energy and enthusiasm, which is alsways a good thing.

Angra was great as always and it was very cool to hear songs off their last album live (Temple of Hate and Spread Your Fire slayed live) and it was also great to hear Carolina the IV. They finished the concert with a cover of Raining Blood sung by the basist...this was truly unexpected! Overall, great show! There were probably around 1,000 people attending the concert.

I also saw Kreator with Dark Tranquillity, Hatesphere and Ektomorf on Sunday. Packed house with 2,000! Ektomorf sucked. Hatesphere was solid. Dark Tranquillity was good, although sound disappointed a bit, and Kreator fucking destroyed the place!!!! These guys are pure hate and energy and know how to deliver a killer show. My body still hurts from all the moshing (I usually never mosh, but this time I found myself in the middle of the pit for the entire concert and enjoyed every minute of it!) The new songs sound absolutely killer live, and the classics always bring the entire crowd to a frenzy. Killer atmosphere!

Just thought I would share some live experiences from Barcelona.

I saw them in Madrid! great show! here was more like 400 people :ill: but well. I stayed 2 houurs in the cold to get autographs! they are awesome guys!!!!I got my angels cry signed by mr. Kiko Loureiro!!

Next concert will be kamelot, epica and kotipelto... are u planning on going??

angra150 said:
I saw them in Madrid! great show! here was more like 400 people :ill: but well. I stayed 2 houurs in the cold to get autographs! they are awesome guys!!!!I got my angels cry signed by mr. Kiko Loureiro!!

Next concert will be kamelot, epica and kotipelto... are u planning on going??

Hello angra150,

yes I am planning on going to that one, as well as Masterplan in April. This should be a good show. I think I exagerated with the number of people in Barcelona, probably more like 500-600 people...the venue was not that big and so it felt really full, but it was definitely not 1,000.
I hope Brainstorm/Mercenary/At Vance make it to Spain...they were originally scheduled to play here but the tour got postponed and now there are no Spanish dates anymore... I am also hoping for Grave Digger to play around here. Metal concerts rule!

hey! masterplan, i would go but I have not heard any of the other bands.. have you? I am going to saurom lamderth which is a very good spanish folk metal band. Are you planning on going to any festival? I think Lorca sounds really good, Maiden and Dream theater and other 7 bands! and for 60 euros, not bad at all! hope they can confirm more bands... cause if one thing promoters in spain suck!

angra150 said:
hey! masterplan, i would go but I have not heard any of the other bands.. have you? I am going to saurom lamderth which is a very good spanish folk metal band. Are you planning on going to any festival? I think Lorca sounds really good, Maiden and Dream theater and other 7 bands! and for 60 euros, not bad at all! hope they can confirm more bands... cause if one thing promoters in spain suck!

Yeah, I know the other bands (have seen Circle II Circle before at ProgPower IV) although I am mainly going for Masterplan (saw them once opening for Gamma Ray in Costa Rica and they kicked ass). Have not heard of Saurom Lamderth, will check them out though.
Atarfe Rock in Granada looks great but I won't be able to make it (its next week already) and Lorca looks promising with these two great bands...lets see who they add. I also just read that Evergrey is coming in May with Ebony Ark. Its getting expensive to go to so many concerts!

Yeah it is getting expensive! I am from El Salvador! when did you go to costa rica?? I was going to go to atarfe for edguy, but the schedule sucks cause the day edguy is playing all the bands i dont like are playing... the evergrey concert will be good. Arwen and ebony ark are 2 spanish bands that are worth seeing... with evergrey, why not!
Im hoping for freedom call like in may too... hope they bring another good band... it would kick ass!!!

:OMG:

angra150 said:
Yeah it is getting expensive! I am from El Salvador! when did you go to costa rica?? I was going to go to atarfe for edguy, but the schedule sucks cause the day edguy is playing all the bands i dont like are playing... the evergrey concert will be good. Arwen and ebony ark are 2 spanish bands that are worth seeing... with evergrey, why not!
Im hoping for freedom call like in may too... hope they bring another good band... it would kick ass!!!

:OMG:
I lived in Costa Rica for several years. I've been to El Salvador in several occasiones, mainly to San Salvador and Salinitas (tennis tournaments and family friends snice my parents lived there for some time before I was born).
HOw long have you been in Madrid? I moved to Barcelona last May and I am having a blast here! Great city, although expensive (like Madrid). I was considering moving to Madrid but at the end I opted for Barcelona since the city is right at the Mediterranean ocean...I love the ocean!

I am here for a year as an exchange student, began in october. Although I came in august to tour europe!! I had family here, and I heard the nightlife here was unbeatable... I love barcelonas architecture, and ocean oh my god... but I think Madrids nightlife is a bit better, not too much though!

I am missing a lot the ocean, I would like to go to barcelona in may or june when wheather gets better!!

I get that a lot these days... I just got my tickets for kamelot epica and kotipelto and they were the number 500, a month before the concert! so i hope it kick ass...

angra150 said:
I get that a lot these days... I just got my tickets for kamelot epica and kotipelto and they were the number 500, a month before the concert! so i hope it kick ass...

I went to get those today but were still not on sale. I got tix for Within Temptation concert...not a big fan of them but this girl I am dating wants to go so I'll go. Masterplan tix are on sale as well...will get those together with Kamelot tix. Megadeth is playing this coming week but I am not going...have seen them before and I got to be more selective or else I go broke with all these concerts.
Were you in Madrid last November? Here in Barcelona we had six concerts in less than three weeks (Nightwish/Sonata Arctica, Saxon/Chinchilla, Therion/TRistania/Trail of Tears, Adagio/Mindflow, Dark Moor, and Epica/Visions of Atlantis ..and shortly after Rage...spent a lot of money that month!) Somehow they seem to book a lot of concerts during certain time periods instead of spreading it out more.

i went to nightwish sonta,.... sonata didnt play!!! tony had a throat ache!!! i wanted to see dark moor but somehow the date passed by. Therion didnt passed by madrid :( and epica was kind of expensive for just 2 bands... 16 euros, and i was right now for 3 excellent bands 21 euros!!1 adagio, not of my favourites... im downloading the kamelot album and sounds really great! i use soulseek its cool, i find a lot of metal songs i dont find in other P2P....

Angra playing Reign in Blood.. Wow I wish I could see that.

At first I thought this thread said "Mortician" not "Manticora" :)