saxon bootleg 2003 !!!

Oyé

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2003
I have bought a double cd pack saxon live 2003 recorded live in january 2003, 22th. there is 23 songs..somebody is interested in ?

It's the digipack thing with the show from Neu Isenburg, right??

Since you already bought this thing, I think it's better to trade it than let other people buy this one as well and let the bootlegger get away with even more of the royalties that actually belong to Saxon.

Biff knows about that bootleg and he was quite pissed when he asked me before the show in Salzburg (april 4th) if I had anything to do with it or supplied the master tape for that illegal release...These boots were sold over german ebay for some 25 - 30 euros a piece for a few months until Thomas Jensen stopped the sellers from further auctioning them off by threatening to sue these f**ks..

From my first hand experience with the band I know for a fact that they are pretty damn cool with people recording and taping live shows and trading them among other Saxon fans AS LONG as there is no money involved whatsoever.They even supply an extra forum for such things here on this site (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=190). Sharing the music is ok but it's not ok to sell such stuff or copy original CDs.

Support the artist....

Karsten

It is clear that i don't want to sell it ! i want to trade it ! lol;.i am a huge saxon fan for many years and i don't want to steal money from biff and the boys !!

ok ?

cheers

Oyé !

Karsten said:
It's the digipack thing with the show from Neu Isenburg, right??

Since you already bought this thing, I think it's better to trade it than let other people buy this one as well and let the bootlegger get away with even more of the royalties that actually belong to Saxon.

Biff knows about that bootleg and he was quite pissed when he asked me before the show in Salzburg (april 4th) if I had anything to do with it or supplied the master tape for that illegal release...These boots were sold over german ebay for some 25 - 30 euros a piece for a few months until Thomas Jensen stopped the sellers from further auctioning them off by threatening to sue these f**ks..

From my first hand experience with the band I know for a fact that they are pretty damn cool with people recording and taping live shows and trading them among other Saxon fans AS LONG as there is no money involved whatsoever.They even supply an extra forum for such things here on this site (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=190). Sharing the music is ok but it's not ok to sell such stuff or copy original CDs.

Support the artist....

Karsten

Never thought and never said that you'd sell it...

What I said is that I had hoped that you never actually bought it but, instead, traded for it with someone from the trading forum...But now that you bought it I hope many other trade with you for the show instead of also buying this thing and put money in the pockets of some bootleggin' punk which actually belong to Biff and the guys...

Merry Christmas

Karsten

After a lot of searching i finally got a copy of this. Think its a pretty damn good boot. Take my hat off to whoever recorded it; you did a fine job sir ;-) Nice digi pack, just a shame the photos are not a bit sharper/in focus.

Whilst i can understand Biff being pissed off about it(*) i can also see a positive side to that fact that Saxon are being bootleged : Who ever manufactured this would not have done so if they didnt think it would sell, which stands to confirm that Saxons popularity is still on the up.Right or wrong morals, i'm pleased this was made available,its a nice item to add to the collection.

*Strange how his attitude has changed over the years. I can remember him actually RECOMMENDING a boot lp to me (Nijmegen 84 i think) quite some years back.

markgugs said:
Simon! What are you doing here?! (psst, it's MadeInNewJersey) :lol:
Didn't ya know? Its Denim & Leather that brought me here :) (Omg that kinda sounded like Rob Halford saying that)
As you'll have noticed, its also a bit "quieter" here....