Saxon in London and Wolves Pics

Sammi951

Sep 9, 2002
Hyde, Manchester
Visit site
Had a fab time at the Astoria gig, although it was a bit too packed to get many pics! Took loads at Wolverhampton, and after the gig :headbang: Saxon were fantastic as always, and spent ages after the Wolves gig just chatting to us, having pics done, etc...they must have the patience of saints, being mithered all the time, but they were lovely, down to earth blokes :worship: Blitzkrieg...to be honest, I wasn't really keen on their music (but, again, they were really lovely blokes who stopped and chatted, posed for photos, signed autographs etc for quite a while after the Wolves gig, so thanks for that lads :) Come to think of it - so did Girlschool, so thanks to them too!

Before the gig, we were told to give the Girlschool set a wide berth by several people...however, I was pleasantly surprised! I don't really know any of their stuff, but I really enjoyed it, and those girls know how to rock!! :kickass: All in all, the two gigs we've seen so far have been superb...can't wait to see 'em in Manchester tomorrow!! :headbang:

Anyway, here's some pics to be going on with...

Me and JP Angel

Saxonmckenz sporting his new England shirt (lol)

Paxoman, Saxonmckenz and Brett - all wearing the same shirt!!

Paxoman and Paul

Paxoman's new best mate! lol

The boys in Wolves

Doug

Goss, Nibbs and Paxoman

Click on 'em to make 'em bigger :)

Princess - I didn't get to see Metal Dude :cry: He was over the other side of the stage from me (probably for the best! lol)...so no pics of him I'm afraid...

Just to back up what Sammi said about the boys after the show. They were brilliant and took time to chat, pose for photo's, and sign anything the fans wanted signed. So cheers Biff, Nigel, Nibbs, Paul and Doug, you made what was already a fantastic night even more special. :headbang:

Metal_dude said:
Sammi: well we arrived at the astoria pretty late so i like just got in side buy a t-shirt talket to Saxonmckenz and then make my way to the stage.

Ah well, maybe we will get to see you some time in the future, at another Saxon gig :) I did see the Swedish flag land on the stage, so I assumed it was yours :D

WILKS said:
Is there a picture of me anywhere?

Yeah, but we don't want to scare the chidren! :lol:

Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing any of those pics that we took in the crobar. I'll have another look for those pics cos I know we definitely took some. Well, whether the camera was actually switched on or not I don't know, because the beer was flowing at that point! :lol:

WILKS said:
Is there a picture of me anywhere?

Yeah, I took one on my phone Wilks - but it's shit quality, must be the lighting in the Crobar... The reason I didn't just stick it on there with the rest of my pics was because some people might not want their pic posting on a public message board (which is fair enough), so I was gonna ask Paxoman to text you first to check...but I will take it that you don't mind, and will post it later :)

Golden_Goose said:
Do they sell Buttweiser over there? and if so.........how much for that crap :puke: :p

£2.50 in crobar before the gig.The south aint gotta a clue when it comes to beer.So what is the beer you lot drink.I just wrote you lot off as bud drinking hillbillies.

Sammi951 said:
Blitzkrieg...to be honest, I wasn't really keen on their music (but, again, they were really lovely blokes who stopped and chatted, posed for photos, signed autographs etc for quite a while after the Wolves gig, so thanks for that lads

Its a pleasure.....:worship: remember talkin to yous while you waited on Saxon comin out ...

Blitzkrieg2006 said:
Its a pleasure.....:worship: remember talkin to yous while you waited on Saxon comin out ...

Yeah, I'm the one who told you you've got lovely hair...and Paxoman was the one who groaned and rolled his eyes at me for saying it! :lol: Well, nowt wrong with giving someone a compliment, is there? :D

Blitzkrieg2006 said:
Wilks now i know what you looklike are u comin to glasgow on sat ?

No fraid not mate.Had a bastid of a trip to London and by the time i got there i needed beer.I met up with Pax and Sami and started drinking.Like a fool i lost track of time and only caught the last 2 songs of your set.I have to say it looked like you were on top form.The song Blitzkrieg was fuckin great.I hope one day you come to Leicester because i am gutted i missed the full set.Enjoy the rest of the tour because it seem like your winning over some new fans.

WILKS said:
No fraid not mate.Had a bastid of a trip to London and by the time i got there i needed beer.I met up with Pax and Sami and started drinking.Like a fool i lost track of time and only caught the last 2 songs of your set.I have to say it looked like you were on top form.The song Blitzkrieg was fuckin great.I hope one day you come to Leicester because i am gutted i missed the full set.Enjoy the rest of the tour because it seem like your winning over some new fans.

ahh pity that ..not to worry i think were trying to set up some dates in sept ... so i willlet u know if we come near ...thank u for the compliments glad u enjoyed it ..we know yous all love saxon and respect that ..it is good like u say that we seem to be winning a few other ..Wolverhampton was my fave gig so far

Sammi951 said:
Yeah, I'm the one who told you you've got lovely hair...and Paxoman was the one who groaned and rolled his eyes at me for saying it! :lol: Well, nowt wrong with giving someone a compliment, is there? :D

i remember that u said that to Paul our bassist i believe sammi ... ( im Ken ) lol

last night was excellent inthe pub along from the academy after the show with Doug , Nibbs and Nigel and some of the crew i dont think we left there til about 2am or something :kickass: :puke:

Blitzkrieg2006 said:
i remember that u said that to Paul our bassist i believe sammi ... ( im Ken ) lol

last night was excellent inthe pub along from the academy after the show with Doug , Nibbs and Nigel and some of the crew i dont think we left there til about 2am or something :kickass: :puke:

Ahhh right...we, (well Paxoman actually) was under the impression that you were the one with the hair!! lol No wonder he gave me a funny look when I said I wanted the pic to make "Princess of the Night" jealous, he probably didn't have a clue what I was on about! :D Are you his brother, who had the stripy top on? Which pub did you go in in Manchester?

nah Phil ( drums ) is Pauls brother .. im the guitar player on stage left with the old and battered Red Kramer Pacer

i was wearing a judas priest demolition tour shirt last night in manchester when we came off ...
the pub christ cant remember the name it was like go right when u cameout of the academy and just passed some kebab place

any of yous goin to Glasgow?