To Hell And Back Again.........Four Times!

Am I hardcore enough for youse cos Germany in October sounds ace to me. My rock n roll diary is practically empty for that month but I have to say that the mighty Budgie usually play here in October, so if I can fit it in round Budgie, then I could be well up for getting Saxonised in October :D

saxonmckenz said:
Cheers Sammi- have to meet up with you both in Manchester the last SAT in May for a drink as in town.

Sounds good! :) Not sure if we can go to the gig, because Marks' parents have invited themselves to stay for a few days (lol), but I'm sure we can still get out and meet you and your lady for a few scoops :kickass: :)

saxonmckenz said:
Cheers Wilks your a good man. Hey Pax i think Germany would be brilliant again. Hopefully, in October like last year. See if we could get a hardcore 10 from the site to go.

Sounds good to me mate! Not sure it will happen in October though. Somewhere through the beer haze of last week, I'm sure I remember Nigel saying that they won't be touring again this year. It will probably be some time next year, when they tour for the new album. It would be brill if Saxon played Berlin again, and at the same venue. That way we know where everything is, we know of a good hotel, good bars, sorted!

Great account of your travels Paxoman, I managed "To Hell and Back " twice! London and Norwich, and set to do Dublin, but work reared it's ugly head at the last minute.

P.P.S. Its not very METAL, but whilst staying in Brum for the semi, we bumped into the band "The Flaming Lips" (well 2 of them, the rest had gone to bed lightweights) and I have to say they were good lads, and a right laugh.[/quote]

I think they are a great band.

WILKS said:
P.P.S. Its not very METAL, but whilst staying in Brum for the semi, we bumped into the band "The Flaming Lips" (well 2 of them, the rest had gone to bed lightweights) and I have to say they were good lads, and a right laugh.

I think they are a great band.[/quote]

They are good mate and top blokes an all !

Paxoman said:
Nice one Saxonized. What was Norwich like? What was the crowd like etc?

Sorry with the late reply, the Norwich show was great with a fair crowd, but the Astoria gig is the one for me. It reminds me of those 80's Saxon gigs ( I know they were doing the eighties set that night) but I mean those packed venues with a real buzzing and vocal crowd.

I may have missed it, did you say which gig you rated best Paxoman?

SAXONIZED said:
Sorry with the late reply, the Norwich show was great with a fair crowd, but the Astoria gig is the one for me. It reminds me of those 80's Saxon gigs ( I know they were doing the eighties set that night) but I mean those packed venues with a real buzzing and vocal crowd.

I may have missed it, did you say which gig you rated best Paxoman?

The Astoria gig was superb, and probably was the best of the ones I saw. But the Dublin gig was also very enjoyable, and would have been my favourite if it had have been as long a gig as the Astoria gig.

What a fine story Paxoman.., I read it some time ago, very quick, and now I took my time a bit more,.. its a good thing that a fan takes the time to write this all down.. better than all that magazine stuff.. Much Thx for this mate!

heavycelli said:
What a fine story Paxoman.., I read it some time ago, very quick, and now I took my time a bit more,.. its a good thing that a fan takes the time to write this all down.. better than all that magazine stuff.. Much Thx for this mate!

You are welcome Heavycelli, glad you enjoyed it.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Dublin gig was that Biff thanked the fans that had been following the band around to the different gigs. Then he thanked the two guys he saw at Manchester airport (Me and Goss) for travelling to Dublin. Then he said "You could have bought me a drink!" Much to the amusement of the audience! :lol:

lol typical biff .....king of the backhanded compliments
remember when he used to pretend to be reading something out of the crowd kinda went like
"hold on !! whats this? welcome back to hammersmith (delete hammersmith and insert venue that night) you bastards !!!!
classic

timothy sykes said:
lol typical biff .....king of the backhanded compliments
remember when he used to pretend to be reading something out of the crowd kinda went like
"hold on !! whats this? welcome back to hammersmith (delete hammersmith and insert venue that night) you bastards !!!!
classic

Yeah that one always made me laugh! :lol:

Seeing as some of the old threads/reviews are being looked at, it made me look for this one. Reading it certainly brought back a lot of great memories. It also made me feel even more gutted about not going to Berlin!

Something I mentioned in this review was the merchandise, or rather the lack of it. Seeing as the UK leg of the current tour is now at the end, I hope all the merchandise hasn't sold out. I am lucky enough to already have had a t shirt bought for me (thanks Fingers), but there is still other stuff that I want. So I hope a bumper load of merchandise has been ordered this time.

I remember reading this review last year after moving house and being without the internet for a while, i was reading it as soon as the installation man left, brought a smile...And i never commented!!!!! Think i was feeling shy because i was away so long! Sorry mate, great review btw

:kickass:

Seeing as some of the old threads/reviews are being looked at, it made me look for this one. Reading it certainly brought back a lot of great memories. It also made me feel even more gutted about not going to Berlin!

Something I mentioned in this review was the merchandise, or rather the lack of it. Seeing as the UK leg of the current tour is now at the end, I hope all the merchandise hasn't sold out. I am lucky enough to already have had a t shirt bought for me (thanks Fingers), but there is still other stuff that I want. So I hope a bumper load of merchandise has been ordered this time.

This was a great review,I remember it fondly.I wish too that you could have been in Berlin.We have some great stories,which you will see once Saxonator gets the next tourstory ready,it will probably be on the new forum.We surely experienced our 'State of Grace'.

I wish too that you could have been in Berlin.We have some great stories,which you will see once Saxonator gets the next tourstory ready,it will probably be on the new forum.We surely experienced our 'State of Grace'.

It's funny, you'd think the pain of not going would get less, but I feel more gutted about not going as every day passes! Think I need a Saxon gig soon to ease the pain!