Sheffeild And Saxon

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
From all four corners of the coutry.Clan leaders,misfits,rockers,heathens and jesters converged on the mighty city of Sheffield.One thing united them the metal warriors Saxon.For some the journeys were long and hard,for evil does dwell in these parts and had managed to close one the main highyways.
From the south there was Paxoman with wit and wisdom he managed to make all feel welcome.From the North there was Sammi with joke that could make the bravest warrior weep.From the South east Fingers the oldest friend i had never met.We drank ale and readied ourselves for evening gatherings.We moved to another tavern .From London there was Goss a true Saxon chieften with his booming laugh he could raise the spirits of evan the most downhearted man.From the highlands where men wear frocks was Saxonmckenz. Much ale was drank and spirits were high as we marched to the city hall.
The lights went down the chants of Saxon rose,the eagle flew high and lionheart lept from the speakers.For 2 hours we joined in with Biffs every command.They evan played the toilet break song.Oh fuck all this silly shit .Saxon played (as always) like there was thousands upon thousands of people there.An outstanding set list with a couple of personal favourites(Backs To The Wall and To Hell And Back Again)
Aferwards at the after show party it seemed like most of the board was there.I could of stayed all night but the mixture of being up early(5am) drinking to fast and eating next to nothing was takings its toll.But to cap the evaning off meeting the band at the hotel was unreal.We manage to speak with Biff which was great.Paul was friendly and just such a nice bloke.Doug seemed like real genuine kind of bloke and Nigel was fantastic .He evan talked about Toyah and Robert Fripp which for a music nerd like me was great.
Also a big hello and thanks to Bec and Paul(?),Lionheart747 and anyone i met but forgot to mention.

Cheers
See you in Nottingham.
Wilks.

I only realised this week that Nige played with Toyah, (Great memories from my musical beginnings) there's a great section on his website with every album and every single he's worked on. (Pax Destiny didn't feature :lol: )

Yeah apparently he wasn't on the Destiny album Fingers! :lol:

I did actually know he wasn't on that album, it just had been a long day! :)

I was sitting at work today, looked at the clock and it was 3pm. Then I realised that at that time last week me, Sammi, Fingers, Goss and Lionheart747 (Wilks was late!) were all drinking in the bar at the hotel Bristol, and I just wished we were all doing it again. A truly great day and night. :kickass:

I was sitting at work today, looked at the clock and it was 3pm. Then I realised that at that time last week me, Sammi, Fingers, Goss and Lionheart747 (Wilks was late!) were all drinking in the bar at the hotel Bristol, and I just wished we were all doing it again. A truly great day and night. :kickass:

I did exactly the same thing mate ! As you say it was a great day and night as I've said somewhere else there were some classic moments and great laughs had by all. :loco: